Looking for a buddy

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Yoyo-D 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Hello my name is Bre and I am 28. I am 5’5 and I have about 50 pounds to lose. My fast days will be Tuesdays and Thursdays as those are the best days for me to fast. I could really use a buddy to help me along this journey and I will offer my help in return. Any takers? 🙂

Anyone? Today is my first fast since January. Really nervous…

So yesterday went OK. I had a couple moments where I questioned why I was even doing it but never where I was intent on giving up. I hope it gets easier…

Hiya,

I have just started the 2:5 (easier sounding) last Thursday and wouldn’t mind a buddy.

We (husband and I) started our second day on Monday and then caved in and ordered pizza – cripes. Day 2 today and day 3 planned for Friday. We originally planned for Mondays and Thursdays but we will probably change this now and again.

I made the mistake on Monday of weighing myself and was up .4 lbs from the start of Thursday’s fast and lost a bit of motivation. Going to try and not weigh till I have done at least another week.

Interested in the health benefits especially for hub (we say that we are doing for earch other :)) so we won’t get ill for the other – but I am 2 stone overweight and pretty miserable with it so the weight loss is important and I have to try and be patient.

I have had a pretty unhealthy relationship with food re guilt and restriciton and binging and so hoping to eat what I want on non fast days as a way to get over this – but keeping my tdee in mind. I want to be free of the calorie counting most of the time! Free from the guilt.

As my weight has increased my natural tendancy is to eat too much food and so this may take a while for my body to adjust and start to lose weight which I know I must be ready for. I am . Sort of 🙂

All the best in your journey.

LFLL

Yaaaaay! Happy to have you on my team LFLL. Love your name by the way 🙂 My issue was emotional eating and I mean I ate ALL my emotions and that mixed with having a genuine love for food completely pushed me over the top. I weighed in two weeks ago at my highest weight EVER. It was devastating. Not to mention avoiding pictures like the plague and not wanting to see myself in the mirror. It’s really no way to live. My self esteem has plummeted and my blood pressure through the roof…this is not a choice anymore but a priority.

I feel like the past 5 years I have tried to cut every corner and buy any pill in order to lose weight while still overeating and you know what,it’s just not reality. I am happy that I found this site and that I am getting a grip on my life. Food has been running the show way too long and I am taking me back 🙂

I started doing the 4:3 diet about three and a half weeks ago. I began by thinking I wouldn’t even weigh myself, but did it after about a week and a half, and have weighed myself twice since then and so know I have lost 5.25lb, so probably about half a stone overall, but just didn’t have a starting weight. I want to lose another two and a half stone and then stop there.

As my name implies, I have been a bit of a yo-yo dieter, and tend to lose about three stone, then put in on again, then lose it again. I can only diet when life is going well, and I tend to go to pot when things get stressful. However, at least I don’t have five or six stone to lose, so I just look at it as something I have to do from time to time.

My only other experience of the fasting dieting was in 2013, when I had got to my ideal weight by way of conventional dieting, and wanted to see what would happen if I went on the 5:2. What happened was that I stayed at my ideal weight, but didn’t lose anything, and I thought this was a deal worth doing. What broke me was when my dad died – something of a shock, and I couldn’t cope with the diet on top of everything else, and so put on weight again, and lost it again, and put it on again, and so on.

So I decided I would try and do the 4:3 diet until I lose the weight, and will then settle on the 5:2 as a lifestyle choice, to keep the weight off for good. So I understand what you mean about emotional eating, and I certainly know what you mean about avoiding the camera. There’s a lovely picture on my Facebook account that I took when I had lost lots of weight last summer, and it can stay there till I’m slim again, which won’t be before Christmas!

Hey, I am looking for a buddy as well!
    I think we have about the same amount of weight to lose.

If you are interested in chatting more, we can connect and support each other.
    Let me know,
    Julia

Hi to all you newbies i have been doing this 5 2 diet for six weeks now and lost 11lbs so for, it is not easy on fast days but i tell myself i can eat normal the day after this is what keeps me going.On fast days i have a fat free small yorgart then spinach omelete in the evening, and plenty of tea and water. After a while you feel that you no longer think about food as much as before.It starts to get easy and i feel i dont get hungry. i can go for hours before hunger kicks in.Keep with it what have you got to loose. my clothes are getting loose need to buy a smaller size. good luck to youi still need to loose 2 1/2 stone.I put money in a jar for every pound i take off hope to fill the jar a buy a bikine for my hols.

Hey there, im james. And i have about 100-110 pounds to lose. Going to be one long journey. But im here for the long haul.

Iv upped my exercise, every little counts. I wake up one hour earlier and climb my house stairs before my morning shower. Small lifestyle changes like this make the difference.

I am trying to do. Two pure water fasts a week. The rest of the week. Isn’t about pigging out on rubbish. Still need to stick with healthy food as much as possible.

Hi guys. If any of you want to chat, I’d love to share tips and motivations and that kind of thing. Even if you’ve buddied up already, would love to share a couple of messages – want to get to know people’s journey’s and advice etc.
    Vicki

Just to let you all know, I had lost 11lb last time I weighed myself. So only another 3lb and I will have lost my first stone. I may be there by Friday if I am lucky. I am not weighing myself constantly – just every week and a half or so. That way I will almost certainly have lost something and won’t have water retention fluctuations. Find it easier to fast on days when I am busy doing something else and out and about. Went on holiday for three days and didn’t fast then, and still lost weight.

Hi all. I’m going to give this a try. I’ve piled on 20 pounds in the past 12 months. Since moving to Pakistan, for my husband’s career. Too much time on my hands and not much to do living on a compound. I’m starting a new job next week hopefully so thought I would also tackle the weight loss at the same time. Committing to daily exercise – 30 minutes on the treadmill at 6am (groan) but I know me- if I don’t get it done first thing in the morning I’ll find a dozen excuses not to do it later in the day.
    I’ve never really fasted before – but the health benefits in addition to the weight loss really appeal to me and hopefully will give me that extra motivation.
    Anyone else starting this journey? Would be nice to have a buddy to help encourage each other.

OhCanada – good luck! I only started towards the last part of July, and am hoping a stone will have gone by tomorrow. I’m doing the 4:3, so pretty much alternate day fasting but I sometimes eat two days on the trot. It is okay once you get used to it. And especially if you enjoy your new job – it will take your mind off food. I kind of mentally equate the feeling of hunger with a feeling of slimness and virtuosity, and just focus on the next day. This time last night I was eating chocolate chaos, and tomorrow night I can have some more!!

Thanks Yoyo-D! You are doing great. My first day of ‘fasting went easier than I thought it would. I was hungry last night but got through knowing that today I would be able to consume more calories. What is chocolate chaos?

Chocolate chaos is kind of chocolate blancmange, chocolate mousse, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, toffee sauce swirled together with chunks of chocolate cake or brownie, marshmallow, Maltesers. It’s horrible. Obviously……. BTW, I had lost 2.5lb when I weighed myself on Friday, so was half a pound off my stone. But I’m not complaining. I am currently making chicken curry, lentil dhal, rice, garlic and coriander naan bread, with yoghurt and cucumber dressing and mango chutney for dinner, and enjoying a glass of wine or two. Needless to say, I am on an eating day today!! Fasting tomorrow. Fasted yesterday. So am making the most of the feast day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.