Little advice wanted – I've read everything! :)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little advice wanted – I've read everything! :)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi 🙂

I am currently 16 stone (argh!) and 5’7. I am wanting to lose around 4 stone but will go to maintenance when I feel happy which could be heavier than 12stone, who knows! I’m aiming for size 10/small 12. (I’m a 22 year old female by the way).

I want to do it healthily and know this means patience, but ideally I’d love to lose around 2 stone in the next 5 or so months before a holiday (it’s coming into summer down here in New Zealand!)

My TDEE is 2170 calories daily and BMR is 1809, FYI.

My plan was to eat around 1500-1600 calories on non fast days and of course 500 calories on fast days twice a week. I worked this out to be 1200 cals or so on average per day (net calories for the week). This amount I worked out should enable me to lose close to 1kg a week I think.

1500-1600 seems achievable as I naturally eat in the 16:8 method where I don’t like to eat until midday. So that’s two 750-800 calorie meals! Or plenty of smaller snacks.

But with my BMR being 1809 I don’t want to eat too few calories even though 1500-1600 seems a good number? I want my body to still function like it should in other words!

While I want to lose the weight healthily, I’m also the kind of person who needs to see results in order to stay motivated. I am aiming for 1kg a week which I’d be very happy with! More than that and I’d be scared of losing too quickly and not having a healthy look to me.

So my question is: Is 1500-1600 on non fast days okay when my BMR is 1809? I know TDEE is what we’re meant to eat but 2000 calories seems far too much for two meals a day and wanting to lose 1kg a week…

Thank you!

Hi and welcome:

15-1600 is fine. The BMR does not factor into anything – it is included in your TDEE, which controls how much you will lose given your caloric intake. I’ll give you this, even though you have read everything: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Two pounds a week is very hard to do on a sustained basis.

Good Luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.