Light at the end of the tunnel

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sam2bsvelte 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi everyone, just wanted to post a message of encouragement for those in the first few weeks of the diet. I am now in week 14, I have lost 6.5 kilos (69 kgs to 62.5, height 1.64). In my first weeks I read messages about how people had lots of energy on the diet, and felt ‘a wonderful feeling of lightness’ on fast days. I was disappointed that I did not have this – I felt tired and irritable! But about 7 or 8 weeks in that started to change. I now do have more energy, and get more done! Fast days are much easier – it took a while to get used to not having lunch – I felt deprived and didn’t quite know what to do with myself at 12pm! Now I have progressed to only having a tiny breakfast and nothing but water until the next morning on fast days, and do feel lighter! So keep going, there really is light at the end of the tunnel, and it is SO worth it!

thanks Sam2bsvette, that is great inspiration. I am in Week 2, and making progress, but it’s good to know it just gets better !

Greetings from OZ, on my first fast day. Read the book last night, watched the documentary today at work. Not entirely sure I got my cal count correct . Has anybody tried 4:3 split , have at least 3 stone to lose so want to crack on.

Welcome to fasting, tomtommum and frankreynolds. Well done for getting to week 2 tomtommum – keep us posted on progress! frankreynolds, I have on one occasion done 4:3 to make things go faster – it does seem to work but can be hard! Dr Mosley recommends 5:2 because, as I understand it, it is less of a mental hurdle and therefore you are more likely to stick to the plan long term. You will probably lose quite a bit over the first few weeks anyway – how about starting with 5:2 and then going up to 4:3 when you are used to things, or if you hit a plateau? Good luck with it – there are lots of useful tips on the forums. Let us know how you get on!

Cheers, will try the 5:2 and keep you posted.

@frankreynolds – fab, I look forward to hearing how you get on

First week done , lost 3kg which iam really happy with. Long way to go , had to go for a business lunch and had just a coffee and nobody thought anything of it. Apart from 1 person , told him I was fasting and he thought it was a religious thing so dropped the subject straight away. Lol on the non fast days you are really watching what you eat , which is something I have never done. Hence the reason why I am doing this!!!!

week 3 done:

weigh in this morning showed 4.5kgs, almost 10lbs down – wooohooo !
    measured – down 6cms or 2 1/2 inches on both waist and hips.Double wooohoooo !! 2cms off upper arms and 4 cms off upper thighs…..

I am over the moon. I am also in disbelief because it hasn’t been at all hard, well actually on Day 2 I nearly ate my arm, but otherwise I have been surprised. I did 5:2 the first 2 weeks, and 4:3 this week because I had over-indulged on my birthday. Also I have not had a drop of alcohol in nearly 4 weeks !

I know from this forum that everyone loses at different rates, so I didn’t know what to expect at all. And I am delighted.

Brilliant weight losses, tomtommum and frankreynolds! It’s really great to hear that it is going well, and happy birthday tomtommum! Congrats also on the 4 weeks off alcohol. I have decided to limit my intake of alcohol to the weekends – even though I don’t drink on fast days I do tend to have wine with my evening meal most other days and it all adds up! I’m on a fast day today, and thinking about how the 5:2 diet has made me think about getting sorted in other areas of my life now that my weight is on the way to getting sorted! The extra energy helped me make progress with the ‘pile of shame’ on my desk – all the documents that I have been meaning to do something about for too long!
    keep up the good work – we can do it!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.