lemon for weight loss???

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
lemon for weight loss???

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello, I am Nura. I am new to this place. It is my first post here. I am under a treatment for weight loss and am following the diet plan as per their instruction. I found it really interesting reading posts here. I happen to read a blog ( http://www.harveybrooker.com/why-is-lemon-water-so-great-for-you/ ) on lemon and its use. It said that lemon is good for weight loss. I haven’t heard anything of this sort before. Is it advisable to take lemon as a part of the diet? I am badly in need of a suggestion. Is it advisable to follow things mentioned in the blog? Have heard from my grandma that it is good to use honey with hot water in the early mornings which can help in weight loss. Will it be possible for lemon in losing weight? Another doubt is , will it be good to follow this if we are already under a diet plan?

Honey is a definite NO. It is basically about 85% sugar with a little bit of water and trace elements. Sugar is about 50% glucose and 50% fructose. Glucose will spike you insulin which will result in fat storage. Fructose will not cause an insulin spike but the body is not able to use fructose as an energy source. It must be processed by the liver and stored as fat. If youre trying to lose weight then eating honey is counter productive.

Lemon juice will not directly cause you to lose weight but it does curb appetite so in that respect its a good thing. Lots of people confuse being thirsty with being hungry. A bottle of lemon water is ideal to sip on during the day.

Apple cider vinegar reduces insulin spikes. Have one or two tablespoons before each meal. I pour it into my salads or have it straight off the spoon.

Good luck. Why not combine your diet with 5:2 diet. It works!!

Nora..

Just a word about lemon.

I and then my work colleague decided to join me on a slice of lemon in water a few times a day…after two days we both came down with very bad cystitis….also having a lot of tangerines and oranges also brought it on.

Maybe just for breakfast, you may be OK but take it easy.

Good luck and hoping you loose the weight…as Bigbooty says 5.2 does work and it’s easy once you get going.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.