last hope

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi my name is Steve, i’ve tried everything to lose weight, this is my last hope. I am 58 years old, 180 cm high and currently weigh 162 kg’s. I have always been in good health and played squash for over 40 years,I have ballooned from 88kgs in 2000 to my current weight due to a lot of factors. I will give it a real go, so wish me luck, I will post my fortnightly results on 2\12. Cheers 🙂

Hi Steve, welcome to our motley crew. You’ll find lots of support, advice and encouragemet here, so check in frequently – there is hardly an issue that hasn’t been discussed and it helps to know you’re not alone.
    Good luck and keep posting!

Hi robbosmr,
    When you say “played” squash I take it you stopped some time ago? I had to give up playing due to a lower back problem at the age of 48 having played at county level for many years. The weight piled on! When I retired from work 2 years ago I weighed in at 12st 12.
    The good news is that I am now 9st 12, less than I have been since my early 20s. This strategy really does work, but I have found I have to stick to 5:2, even now I have reached my goal, in order to stay put. But one of the keys for me was to find something to replace the squash, so I am now a regular gym fanatic and an occasional swimmer.
    Find a new activity and stick to the plan. Good luck!

Hi Steve, welcome!! as a 61 yr old lady with health problems that make it impossible for me to exercise, I had pretty much resigned myself to being a short, round little old lady. I started trying out this lifestyle the end of August. I have found it very manageable, and I’ve lost 17.8lbs. SO, thanks to 5:2, I just might be a short,skinny little old lady.:)
    read your way around the forum, lots of info and encouragement. You CAN do this.

Don’t just check in back on 2/12, check in more! Read, post, comment, whatever! We’re all on the same unsinking ship here 😉

Welcome!!!!

Hi Guys, I said that would post next on 2/12, but I’ve gone from 162kgs 4 days ago to 156.3 today, which works out to be almost 6 kgs in 4 days, I’m trying a 4:3 which seems to be working and given that my thyroid is low I’m very impressed with the results. Cheers :O)

That’s brilliant result so far 🙂

Fabulous loss Robbosmr – you are obviously doing it right so keep it up!

Oh wow!!!!

Amazing Steve! That’s the way to go! Wooohooo!

I’d have a dance party for you if I weren’t so afraid of my colleagues.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.