Kicking off with the fast beach diet

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Kicking off with the fast beach diet

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Skinnythisyear 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Hi everyone,

Just thought I’d post about my first few days on the fast beach diet…

I am an ex gold member at weight watchers, and at goal I hovered around 10st at 5ft4. It’s been a year since I lost the motivation to stay at gold (unfortunately short lived!) and tried a few other diets eg 3 day diet, the whole 30 and I just couldn’t keep up the motivation.

I tried the fast diet when it first came out as my mom shrank to a lovely size and really glowed following it. I initially lost weight but at the time had some health problems so I had to stop and focus on getting fixed.

Now I’m fixed I’m focused on losing weight and reaping the related health benefits!

I began on Monday weighing in at 10st 12.5. I fasted Monday and Wednesday as well as some recommended exercise and dropped down to 10st 7.5! I cannot explain how chuffed I am. Not only with the weight loss, but with my general well being! I feel energetic, my mood has brightened tremendously and I am not focused on food or feeling hungry.

I also fasted today and will update you with the results tomorrow!

I didn’t expect such a loss in the first few days, it seems like what I’ve lost in weight I’ve gained in health. Woohoo!

I’d recommend the diet at this stage and I’ll try to keep adding my feedback which I hope will help people.

Thanks!

Hi Ellie, I enjoyed reading your post. I am also 5ft 4 ins. I find it hard to know what I should weigh. The health charts say 10.7lbs max and I feel comfortable at that weight but it doesnt leave much room for fluctuations. I am now nearly 11 stone and friends say this looks good and normal. When I get to 10 ten stone my collar bones stick out and I dont like the look of that. At ten stone I also start to feel the bone at the base of my spine sticking into the chair when I sit down. When I was young I was often around 8 or 9 stone which must have looked too thin but I didnt realize that at the time. Body structure has a big influence too. I have very wide shoulders but tiny hands and wrists, so I dont know whether I am am classed as small, medium or large boned!! Its a bit confusing isnt it?? My BMI is around 27 now which is too big, but my waist is less than half my height which is considered healthy. Anyone got any ideas on the numbers? And GOOD LUCK!

Good luck Ellie_j and kindle. I am 5 feet 4 inches also. I have tried 5:2 a few times and seem to do 3 weeks then go off track, though constantly use the recipes as I like the Mexican Pizza wrap! I did WW years ago and lost 10lb. I feel ready to start again and have just bought the Fast Beach Diet book. I am 10st 2lb at the moment though did go up to 10st 6.5lb. I am now losing and gaining the same couple of pounds. For me I think 9st 10lb would be an ideal weight, but cannot seem to get below 10 stone at the moment! I think I need to lose weight around my waist, though my BMI appears in the healthy range.

Good luck and I look forward to your progress. 🙂

Hi fellow 5ft 4s! I’m the same height, 11st 3lb at the min, 10st is my goal. Good luck!

Hi I am not 5″4 but 5″1.25 lol but you all sound on my wavelength so nice to meet you all

I’m currently 10.12 I started 4 weeks ago and was 11.7 my goal is 10st going on holiday in August so must keep on track , haven’t drank for 4 weeks .

I love the 5:2 plan I think I’m a little obsessed this week I’ve but a plateau which is a bit disheartening

Good luck and hope to speak to u all soon xx

Hi Ladies

Another 5ft 4er here. I started at the end of Jan weighing 11st 8 and am now 10 st 3. I have lost 2 dress sizes and am now a size 10 on the bottom and a 12 on top. I am 48 and have never been below a size 12 and am loving being slim. I was last this weight about 20 years ago. The lightest I have ever been was 9 st @ 18 years ago and I felt very happy at that weight but struggled to maintain that, I have a feeling that 91/2-10 st will be where I’ll settle. I have lost lots of weight around my middle on this diet which feels lovely. It’s difficult to know which weight you’ll feel comfortable at when you have been overweight all of your adult life!!

^ wow that’s inspiring! I too have been overweight since my early 20s. I was beginning to think I’d never be slim again but if I have the same success as you I will be very happy 🙂

Hi all, its funny we are all the same height, but we all feel comfortable at different weights. Some think 9 stone is about right, some ten stone or more. I wish i didnt loose so much around my collar bones when I get to ten stone. It looks horrible. Anyway this week is not good, I managed to gain 1 kg. I dont know how, but I will fast monday and wed, and if there is no reduction I might try and fast on fri too. I have never tried 3 fasts so Im a bit scared by it. I feel like Mario Draggie….I will do whatever it takes! LOL

Wow guys, you’ve all really inspired me!

Last week I said I’d report back on my loss, I’m sorry I’d got sidetracked when a friend came to visit. With reporting as well as fasting!

So, I attempted a third day fasting…I stayed the same weight. Whether that was because I ended the fast with pizza (lol!) or because my body was in shock from the previous days losses, I don’t know. The following few days, I didn’t go mental but I wasn’t fast beach dieting…I gained a few pound. So that brings me to 10st 9.5. Considering that the last week I fell totally off the waggon when my friend came to visit, and I still weight 10st 9.5 I’m happy. I don’t know about you guys, but sometimes I feel like I have to test the limitations of a diet to see how far I can go the other way before ruining it all. I expected to have to start from scratch this week, but surprisingly not!

I’m fasting today and it’s not as easy as the last time, maybe that’s my punishment for last week. I’m feeling positive, focussing on the benefits and my goal weight, and drinking water like I no longer believe in food.

I’ve also dug out some funky stickers which I stuck on my beach plan when I’d completed a fast! Haha, I’m still a kid really who wants lots of gold stars from the teacher!

Some of your experiences sound like they’ve changed your lives. Well done, you must be so pleased. I want that too!!!

Regardless of everyone’s height there are so many shapes and builds that numbers are hard to pin down aren’t they? Like kindle says, she’s not happy with her body under a certain weight, so I guess at some point we have to accept our bodies at a reasonable weight? I see movie stars etc on tv and have dreams of having a figure like Cheryl cole (who I do not resemble in any way btw haha) but is that sustainable or will I ever get there? One day I think ‘yeah defo’, another day, ‘don’t be silly, you’re shape is completely different anyway!’. Today I’m in a’ stick with it, have hope’ mood. Hormones have a lot to answer for don’t they!

I love hearing about all your experiences, please keep us updated and I will update my progress too x

Hi all happy bank holiday, started the fast beach diet yesterday and looking forward to losing some weight before my hols in August am 5ft 7and weigh 11st 10lb. Have decided to fast on a Monday and a Thursday. Am still reading the book so not sure what exercise I need to do to get the best from the diet. Am going on holiday with friends and the other girl – my BFF is lovely and slim so don’t want to be the chubby pal on the beach so need to keep focused good luck everyone xx

Body like Cheryl cole haha I wish too and also do not resemble in any way lol, I asleep have a very skinny BFF does my head in haha lover hrs to bits but always feel like the chubby one sad face ……..

I’ve tried really hard this bank holiday and manged to not go mental and still lose a lb I have a hen night next sat so desp trying hard this week , I’ve had to come to bed yo get away from the kitchen lol

Hope you all had a great BH xxx

Hi Everyone

I did my first 3 day fast last week and somehow my brain treated it as a licence to eat everything I fancied over the weekend!! We went away Friday – Tues to the coast and I did turn down fish and chips twice and full english breakfasts and I kept a rough guide of my cals on My Fitness Pal and apart from a major picking day when I clocked @ 3000 cals I did average @2000.
    I weighed myself this morning (tues is my usual official weigh in day) although I weigh several times a day and I hadn’t gained anything still weighed 10 st 3 so I am hoping that I will see a drop tomorrow. I was hoping to get to 10st by the end of the month but if I get there a week late I will still be happy.

Hope you are all having a good day fasting or not!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.