Just started today

This topic contains 251 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  sunflower-ph 9 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 252 total)

• OMG that is amazing – keep us posted on what happens Sunday. I am planning to weigh Sunday morning as I weighed last Sunday morning too scared to weigh before then in case nothing is happening and I get disheartened. Really interested to know if anyone has done two weeks yet what their first and second weigh in weight losses were so I can prepare myself – I am guessing it will be great week 1 and then not so good from then on in but some actual figures would be nice. I have been the same weight for 7 years…

Well done Faster24 thats brilliant – I’ll also be weighing in on Sunday so I’m excited to hear about everyones losses!

I’m fasting today after my ditched fast day yesterday, I’m going well on 2 cups of tea and lots of water, and about to try out Jillians shred it with weights dvd as my kettlebell arrived yesterday. Ive got some salmon and salad on stand by in case i need it, otherwise will try to do a no calorie fast!
    Hope everyones day is going well! X

Today is my second fast day and I have one word for you guys: soup.

I felt pretty hungry on Monday but managed to resist it through will power alone. Today I had nothing til 2ish without much problem, then had an M&S fresh soup for 280 cals and literally do not feel even slightly hungry. Waaaay better than bananas/carbs.

So that I’m able to sleep I was planning to have 1 slice of rye bread with marmite and 2 egg whites (180 cals) when I get home after work (I know that sounds utterly digusting to normal people but it’s something I’ve eaten for years because I am strange. I love it though).

Had second fast yesterday -went well. I found boiled hot water seems to put me off my hunger cravings! Had rivita crackerbread with smoked salmon for dinner-had 3 in total-only 110 cals! Will nice to have a group weigh in on Sunday!

Well done everyone-first week nearly over!

Hi all! Hope your weeks are going well!

I was a bit disappointed in my FD yday, fully intended to do a no cal fast but ended up eating half a pot of asda soup and a large sweet potato & tuna mayo and salad which probably took me well over. Woke up today in a bit of an off mood (given up chocolate etc for lent and i think im withdrawing haha!) so i took myself off out for a bike ride and a jog to make me feel a tad better.

is anyone fasting tomorrow? πŸ™‚

Hello Everyone, went over my tdee yesterday – good all day and then binged a little bit in the evening – felt sick but kept going felt really bad and grumpy this morning but am determined to do my FD today – third this week as am attempting Mon Wed Fri FDs until Easter (we are going away and I usually dont get in the pool at all so would really like to be able to this time). My slip yesterday has made me determined to get through my FD today I just hope I havent cancelled out the FDs….. not weighing til Sunday morning – had a black coffee so far and busy day at work so hopefully the distraction will keep me going – worried about slipping tonight though πŸ™

Hello all, I have started this programme over 7 weeks ago and have been following comments from forum members to benefit from knowing how they are doing.

I am pleased to have lost 5 Kg in 7 weeks and am 8 Kg away from my target weight.

I’ve had sleep problem for about 3 years but it has been mainly due to troubles at work. So, thinking about work conditions keeping my mind busy has been the problem keeping me awake. During the fast days, I eat a good, well balanced dinner with a lot of salad (around 450 calories). I still feel want to eat at late night before going to sleep, but drink herbal tea. Chamomile tea and Lemon Balm tea are particularly good. I have included a lot more garden activities in my fast days as I enjoy gardening. I grow my own herbs and love gardening. If you like herbal tea, now is the time to plan for your own organic herbal tea. To encourage healthy living environment for all, I have started a Facebook Page called β€œBee BFG Stoneygate Gardens” If interested, look it up and join. I post a lot of information about Healthy Living in the page. Having the right weight for you is one of the relevant factors for having a healthy living. Will be following this group and look forward to sharing more with you all.

hello wackypad…this is just a complete suggestion but if you’ll be fasting monday wednesday & fridays perhaps your weigh in day could be saturday??

i always weigh in after a fast day, because after an eating day my weight can shoot right up depending what and how much food i have eaten, and dishearten me!

I also will be doing the same days as you next week so can keep each other going!

Hello Shiraz – I am not on facebook but do have a garden so will have a think about growing my own – I have a little patch that I managed green beans on last year and a few tomatoes so will see if I can squeeze in some herbs – any suggestions for a beginner – anything in particular that is difficult to kill? Abs, thanks – what a good idea – hadnt thought of that – you are so right!!! Will weigh in tomorrow morning – extra incentive to stay strong today…

Dear Wackypad,

It is really refreshing to have a walk to your garden, or small patio, pick your own herbal tea, and enjoy your very own herbal tea. It is satisfying and you know it is healthy and does not have any nasty chemical on it.

Easy Herbs for Tea:

Chamomile: Just use a Chamomile tea bag as a source for seeds. It is full of seeds and you can sow seeds in a small seed tray + seed compost. Plant is annual but will self seed for the following years. Has beautiful white flowers. Use flowers for tea or as a a bunch of wild flowers in a jar in the house. For more Info see:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=howerfiles&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&gfe_rd=cr&ei=2yrnVLLLNovCVJfogKgP&gws_rd=ssl#rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source%3F%7D&q=Chamomile

Oregano and Lemon Balm: Dig out a small cluster of the plant from a friend and plant out in a sunny place in the garden, or in a plant pot. Harvest foliage (leaf / flowers) for tea. Can harvest and dry for later. Honey Bees, Hover-flies, butterflies love the flowers and visit your garden in the summer. Alternatively, you can buy some seeds for around Β£1.50 and sow, or buy a plant pot. You can multiply your plant later by division. They also self seed and will grow the following year. The plant is perennial and will go through winter without any problem. More Info see:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Oregano&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&gfe_rd=cr&ei=3y_nVLj2FdeDVOGqgNAB&gws_rd=ssl

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=howerfiles&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&gfe_rd=cr&ei=2yrnVLLLNovCVJfogKgP&gws_rd=ssl#rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source%3F%7D&q=Lemon+Balm

Borage: An annual plant. Saw seed and plant out when no risk of frost. Use leaves as tea. Beautiful flowers in salad. Honey Bees love the flowers. More info see:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=howerfiles&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&gfe_rd=cr&ei=2yrnVLLLNovCVJfogKgP&gws_rd=ssl#rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source%3F%7D&q=Borage

Thank you Shiraz – Chamomile looks lovely – I never knew! And how easy – I have lots of tea bags so will get a tray and some compost and give that a go for starters. Wish me luck! My Dad used to keep bees as a hobby and when I was young we would go around all the self sufficiency shows selling honey and honey cake and honey scones and giving tasters and my Dad would give demonstrations – quite interesting travelling around the country in an estate car with an Alsation dog and a bee hive in the boot – those were the days!! Unfortunately I took it all for granted at the time…

Hi Wackypad, Good luck with your Chamomile and enjoy the Tea. I like what you did with your dad. I am in education and use the Honey Bees and Honey as an initiative to encourage people and children in particular to have a healthy life style, healthy environment, and spend time outside in the nature, parks, and gardens.

Hello
    Coming to the end of my second week and 6lbs down.
    I have a terrible habit of calling in at the shop on the way to work and buying chocolate and quite often a large bar or big bag.
    True to form I did the same this morning but firstly bought grapes to nibble on – it’s a non FD, then at the till I couldn’t resist a marsbar.
    Anyway instead of eating it in the car, I kept it and had it at lunch, but even managed to cut it in half and put the other half away. So no threat to TDEE.
    πŸ™‚

High Five CakeyWakey!!

No worries, I’m looking forward to hearing your results wackypad! πŸ™‚

Its a non fast day today and I’m ravenous! I’m stuck in the house all day revising which isn’t helping. Have a feeling i may go way over my TDEE today!

ps well done cakeywakey!

Hi I started this week, Tuesday and Thursday were my fasting days, found it quiet easy. I hope I still feel like this in 6 months.

Hi everyone. Just discovered this site, am starting 5’2 again, did for a while last year with good results. I have 12lbs to get rid. Day one fast done yesterday woke feeling good this morning.

Urgh I massively overindulged today, it was a pure carb fest. I’m busy at work tomorrow so I’ll be able to do a water only fast. Feeling like it’ll be a miracle to see a loss on sunday after todays binge, but heres hoping!

Have a lovely weekend everyone x

Hi everyone, I have been following this way of life (no, it’s not a diet) since 5/1/15 and I am loving it!! I am doing 4:3 to try to get my fat moving. Some fast days I have 350 calories ish. Some fast days I have liquids only, it’s easy, maybe a cup of bovril if I really need it, but I find I don’t even get hungry.

I just wanted to thank you absteroo for the link on page 1 to Michaels original program. We watched it last night, how right he was, it is something REALLY BIG!

Faster 24, love your attitude “jaws will drop” go for it! we can do this!!

Hi Everyone – just did my first weigh in and I have lost 4 pounds!! Yippee – I was 11st now 10 st 10. I did 3 fast days with no cal drinks and I usually exercise 5 days a week but didn’t do anything this week – poorly child and didn’t feel up to it. I will start again next week My husband did two fast days on 800 cals per FD and he has dropped half a stone from 18 stone to 17 half stone – we both feel great and have ditched our usual Sat morning croissants for porridge and blueberries even though it is a non fast day today – what is going on?! Good luck everyone. Abs, I went about 500 cals over on one day and I still managed it and my husband went out and drank 4 points on one non fast day and had a curry so keep the faith!! Pot all your weight losses please – would love to hear your news and good luck all (PS lost two inches from my waist)

Hi everyone I’m so pleased to have found this as I started a week ago. I’ve read every post and it’s great to be amongst friends in the same situation! I have had 2 fast days and I’ve lost 3lbs so am over the moon! I have had breakfast (of two boiled eggs) each of those days, which really filled me up and I didn’t really miss not having lunch as I thought I would. I had my 300 calorie dinner but the only downside is feeling so extremely tired in the evening? From about 7pm. I love my evenings so didn’t want to go to bed that early! Anyone have any similar experience of that? Otherwise it’s been great, so liberating to carry on as normal on the other 5 days.

Hi everyone I am on my 2nd fast day and haven’t weighed in yet. I am 57 5 ft 2 and weigh 11st 12lb. I have lost 7 lb since xmas by calorie counting but thought I would give the 5 2 diet a chance. I need to lose a stone by 130th of June cos my daughter is getting married then and I bought my outfit last year and it no longer fits! Any support would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi everyone I am on my 2nd fast day and haven’t weighed in yet. I am 57 5 ft 2 and weigh 11st 12lb. I have lost 7 lb since xmas by calorie counting but thought I would give the 5 2 diet a chance. I need to lose a stone by 13th of June cos my daughter is getting married then and I bought my outfit last year and it no longer fits! Any support would be appreciated. Thanks

Applepie – no worries glad you enjoyed the programme too i found it really interesting! πŸ™‚

Wackypad – well done!! I am so pleaded for you, 4lbs is amazing! Slinkylinky well done on your loss! I sometimes get a bit lethargic on FD evenings but then wide away when i get to bed, havent yet found away around it though!

I’m going strong on my final FD of the week, doing water only and am at work til 2am keeping nice and busy! Hoping for a good loss tomorrow!

Ps welcome to everyone new! πŸ™‚ x

Thanks absteroo! Maybe being super tired in the evenings is just something we have to deal with, I’ll think of something and see what works. Hsve just had a Chinese takeaway and I just love that we don’t need to ‘diet’ on the 5 days. Having said that I am definitely eating less so long may it last! I hope you are getting through your water only day ok, that seems very harsh!! Let us know the results.

Hi audreyg you are obviously doing well to lose that weight since Christmas, such a good start! From my very limited experience I think this will be even better, so I’m sure you’ll get into your outfit!

Wackypad, I know, I’ve had the tiniest lunch ever and eating far less on non FD days, indeed what is going on! It’s crazy isn’t it!

Hello all,

I just wanted to say thank for all of your continued updates/posts! I have been reading along/found it helpful and encouraging.
    I made it through my first week of fasting, and feel pretty good!
    My first day was Wednesday; made it through the day feeling pretty good (had a breakfast of 2 fried eggs and some roasted broccoli). An evening out with a friend (which was supposed to just include checking out an art exhibition) ended in dinner out. Went a bit over my cals, but tried not to worry too much about it!

Friday was my second day. Ended up having to take the day off to care for my cat who is sick. Being home all day with her made the anticipation for dinner time seem much more intense than Wednesday. Ended up overindulging a bit at dinner, and ate about 850 calories for the whole day. πŸ™
    But again, trying to take it one day at a time.

Planning on trying three fast days next week: Mon, Wed and Friday. Wish me luck.

Sending you all great wishes on your fasting journeys! And thanks to all those who welcomed me.
    Happy weekend!

Morning everyone!
    Survived yesterday’s no food fast with just water (and 1 hot chocolate) i found it much easy than the last few because i was out the house and busy.

Weigh in day today…..I’ve lost 5.5lbs!!! Very pleased! It has motivated me to keep it up for next week now.

Hope you all enjoy your sundays, I’m off to break my fast with something delicious! X

Absetroo – that is amazing – well done!! Great motivation for next week – I think your exercise really helped a lot – I didnt do any late week but will definitely do it this week – starting today – the results speak for themselves – Jane Fonda here I come!

@wackypad:
    Congrats!!!!! So proud of you! I remember you said you haven’t have lost waitin a long time and now 5 lbs.

@absteroo:
    Thumbs up. You are doing so great too!
    We you doing 5:2 or 4:3?

Well I can’t believe my eyes. Got through my 2nd fast day yesterday weighed in this morning and have lost 3 lb! I have also started exercising on my wii fit so with a bit of luck will fit in my outfit in June. Well done absteroo and thank you to everyone who has made me feel welcomed to the forum.

Thank you everyone! πŸ™‚ and well done audreyg thats brilliant!

Sunflower I’m doing 4:3 at the minute, had to change my FDs around this week but will be doing Mon Weds and Fri from now on and see how i get on! x

Audrey, well done!! I have been on the 5;2 for a year but only started water fasts last week. I did 3 water fasts of 34 hours each mon wed and sat. I really didnt find it any harder than 500 cals per day or 250 cals per day which I tried too. Anyway I lost 1lb after my 3 water fasts. Not much is it? I dont mind as its better than standing still and at my age any loss is a big plus. Your loss is fantastic tho!!

Hi kindle 1lb off is better than 1 lb on! I know I am new to 5 2 but are you eating enough calories. Could it be that your body has gone into starvation mode? I do agree that weight loss isn’t easy when you get older when I was younger I could lose half stone by cutting down on sweets now I am in my late 50’s it is not that easy. thanks for all your encouragement it is much appreciated

Hi audreyg that’s great news losing 3lb, I lost exactly the same after 2 fast days! It’s quite incredible isn’t it. I wonder if we are similar sges, I’m 57 With my next birthday in May. We had several weddings last year and I wish I had found this diet then, as I am not at all happy with the photos of myself! I just want to lose a couple of stone in time for the summer generally, and to feel fitter. My start fitted in well with lent, so I csn say I hsve done 6 weeks by Easter, and break it into chunks. You will be the very important Mother of the Bride so that’s a great incentive! Anyway congrats on the loss, good luck for next week!

Water only seems sooo hard I csnt imagine how you do it!

Congrats, absteroo! πŸ™‚

Ok own up, who’s bought up all the tarp measures. Encouraged by everyone’s lost inches instead of/as well as weight, I thought id try that too.

Can’t find tape measure anywhere. Not even an old one out if a Christmas cracker and not a single shop seems to sell them.

Hello All. I stumbled across this website yesterday. Such a wonderful encouraging and supportive group. I have been flirting with doing alternate day fasts for a year, but just didn’t have the will power to do it. Reading all these positive success stories gives me heart. I did my first FD yesterday and did well. I ate all my calories at supper and even managed to sleep. I am actually doing a B2B fast this weekend. I want to start off with 4:3, but I have 2 huge days at work on Monday and Tuesday so I think it wise to have two NFD for the beginning of the week.

I’m 57, 5’3″ and weigh 146 lbs. My goal is to lose 18 lbs. I was a long distance runner for 7 years at 1/2 Marathon distance. I really wanted to give myself the gift of a full marathon for my 55th bday, ended up pushing way too hard and totally destroyed my knee when I was hill running one day. It’s 2 years and 20 lbs later, sigh… Now for excercice I started a walking program at the beginning of the year, but I live in Montreal and we have had a bitterly cold February. For now I will content myself with cutting the calories and excercice will follow as the weather improves. All your positive posts give me real hope that I can succeed – I will do this!.

Hi, about to start with my first fast day tomorrow, Monday based on the principle that I play tennis till 9pm so should be fairly tired and ready for bed after, also stops me sitting around thinking about food. I seem to have spent all today calculating how much home made soup I will be able to eat. I’m too lazy to cook proper low cal meals so it could be lots of grated carrots as well.

Hi Audrey and welcome:

“Starvation mode” is a myth. There is no such thing as starvation mode. See FAQ above.

Good Luck!

Hi Sue welcome and good luck! I am fasting today as well, it’s week 2 and I’ve lost 3lb, can’t believe it! I’ll be making veggie soup today too, but I’m going to check the lowest calorie vegetable for that. Just realised you are playing tennis all day so won’t see this!

Cakeywakey have you found a tape measure yet? They used to give paper ones away in Ikea? Or try a fabric shop?

Oops not all day, from 7!

Hey all!

Week 2 of fasting, doing Mon, Wed and Fri.
    Wondering what peoples thoughts are on chewing gum?
    I found it really helpful to stave off the need to eat – but does chewing gum trick my body into thinking food is coming (and therefore result in in holding onto to fat when no food is delivered?). What are other peoples experiences with this?

Thanks for the feedback! πŸ™‚

Afternoon All

Week 5 about to start for me and so far have lost a total of 10lbs (started at 14st 2lbs). Loving the positivity on this forum and wanted to wish all fasters the best of luck. I am finding that not only will the fast days have an impact but now that I am watching the calorie intake on non fast days the results are quite remarkable. My loss has come about without denying myself anything, was out with the boys at the weekend for beers and a curry! First fast day of the week tomorrow!

Thank you Slinkylinky – I managed to get a tape measure in one of the Β£ shops but not liking much what it’s telling. I suppose at least I’ll be able to see when those inches go down.

Week 3 starting today with my 5th FD and I haven’t eaten anything yet today so looking forward to dinner this evening.

Well done Davetip – 10lb!! I’m definitely more careful on non FD too. I have been skipping lunch on non FDs as not hungry but then getting a bit of a tummy ache at dinner time, I think my tummy has got used to smaller portions already. On my non FD I’m still coming in about 500 calories under TDEE. I’m classing that as wriggle room, if I aim for that and then find myself tempted then I know I can have something and stay within TDEE. But so far haven’t been tempted. I like keeping calories spare just in case.

I haven’t tried chewing gum FayFayFay but wouldn’t have thought it would hinder any weight loss.

Good luck Sue Winter – let us know how you managed on your first day.

Absteroo and those doing 4:3 or water fasts – watching with interest! I’m doing 5:2 Monday and wed but keeping the calories to 1000 on a Friday so could cut it down if it makes a bit of difference.

Happy Monday everyone

CakeyWakey – thanks for the feedback!

And congrats Davetip! That is inspiring. πŸ˜€

Also – welcome Sue Winter! You can do it!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 252 total)

You must be logged in to reply.