Just started, 3 weeks in and have a question!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Just started, 3 weeks in and have a question!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi guys and gals,
    So I’m a 52 year old guy who turned into a progressively fatter guy around my middle 30’s onwards and have yoyo’d a bit.
    I love any of the Michael Mosley programmes and love the science behind the 5-2 and the changes it does inside as well as outside, looks phenomenal.

So started at 17st 9lbs (I’m 6 foot tall) which is about 247lbs…not good and felt rubbish. Chocolate and bread my favourites plus stopped playing football about 3 years ago due to a knee injury.

So I actually look forward to my fasting days (Monday and Thursday), I skip breakfast and eat one of those porridge pots you just add water to around 12.30pm, think they’re about 185 cals. I’m still having non sugared tea and coffee with some milk and I’m not checking calories of things particularly. Dinner on a fasting day is usually something like some chicken breast and piles of veg or salad and that’s me done.

So 3 weeks in and I’m now 235lbs so 12 pounds lighter and my knees are rejoicing!! I’m very conscious that the initial surge can be dramatic and that from here on in it’ll be gradual probably, just 3 pounds last week for example.

So question, did I read that the calorie intake for men was raised to 800 on fasting days? Can’t find that written anywhere but I’m sure I read an online article by Michael speaking of that?

Good luck all… 🙂

@swifty999 welcome and well done for the first 3 weeks. Yes, you are correct. 800kcal s now allowed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/12/good-news-dieters-52-relaxes-rules-allows-800-calories-day/

Or you could go the whole hog and ban food all together on FDs 😀

Michael Mosley has suggested that 5:2 will still work if calorie intake is raised on FDs but that will slow down your progress and if you aren’t struggling I would suggest you stick with 600 especially as on any diet, weight loss is quicker to start with but slows down as the weeks pass.

Keep an eye on what you are eating on non FDs too, as your calorie limit (TDEE) will decrease as you lose weight because a lighter body needs less fuel.
    Well done on your weight loss so far and good luck 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.