Just joined the forum

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  franfit 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hello
    I started fast dieting in August 2012.
    I initially missed the Horizon program, but fortunately managed to watch it on catch up after randomly learning about it – so glad that I did see it!
    The only attraction for me, was the idea that my body might be repairing damaged cells, rather than making new ones – losing 2.5 stones was just, gratefully received, collateral (cholesterol?) damage 🙂
    I do a total fast on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. TBH I could not trust myself to measure a measly 500-600 calories and somehow, I’ve convinced myself, all by myself, that cell repair works better with zero cal input. And it works for me.
    Having 3 fast days also means that I can be a bit flexible e.g. if a social occasion comes up, or it is easier to accept a slice of birthday cake, rather than bore someone with ADF evangelising, then I just cancel the fast, no guilt, no worries – but I do make sure to keep an eye out that it is not happening too often – which it probably has been this summer – might be partly due to not working out a better coping mechanism post redundancy in May.
    So, I’ve decided to stop going alone and maybe help where I can and lean on others for help when needed.
    I always try and detect when I become complacent, but recently I’ve realised that I’d not spotted a drop off in exercise – this was a fluke after getting one of those Fitbit gadgets – I was probably doing about 4/5 of the daily exercise I should have been doing – so now I can measure when I’m complacent/in denial.
    How long is it to breakfast? 12 hours! really! you must be joking!!! 🙂
    Cheers

Welcome, I’m pretty new here, too, it’s inspiring to hear about your success and sticking with it so long!

Well done snedger, you must have loads of will power to do a total fast for three days, but as long as it works for you and you feel OK, all well and good. As I have a few medical issues it’s not for me, so I do the two days, Monday and Thursday at 500 calories and it seems to be paying off as have lost nearly 4lbs in almost two weeks, so I’m pleased with that. I need to lose about 2 stone. Good luck with your plan.

Ann

It would seem that Monday and Thursday are popular days to fast! If I found myself with a social occasion on a Monday or Thursday, could I change my day just for that week?

Sure, Wotsername, any two days of the week are fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.