Just a quick one…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Crofty 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• To celebrate that over the christmas period I managed to loose 4.5lbs and from my weigh in today I’ve continued that trend with a loss of 5.7lbs. Very happy with that!

In total from July 2015 I have lost 32.3lbs taking me from 15st 8.5lbs to today at 13st 4.2lbs.

I know this is said a lot but honestly if I can loose the weight anyone can I have been stuck in an overweight rut for 10 years now, thats sad considering I’m only 24. But throughout my dieting history I ended up being bigger after trying WW/SW etc.. When I startedI was only slightly overweight at 11st after dieting I went up to 13st from yo-yoing. After two pregnancies one to full term and the stress of a loss at 21 weeks I ended up at my biggest July 2015 at 15st 8.5lbs I honestly believed there was no hope for me to lose the weight. Then I found 5.2 a very simple and easy to follow way of life. Not only has 5.2 helped me to realise my weight loss potential but it’s given me more energy and overall better health and wellbeing.

No it’s not for everyone but you will not know unless you give it a try, I was very sceptical at first and even to this day I get people telling me I shouldn’t be doing it. My answer to them is over the last 6-7 months have you ever seen me complain? Seen me depressed? Seen me looking unwell from under eating? The answer is always no. If 5.2 doesn’t work for you I promise something will do not ever think that you’ll have to come to terms with being overweight forever because that is just not the case and a complete lie. There is a way to lose your weight you just have to find what works for you.

My motivation is a huge deal to me though, I honestly believe that sitting down before starting anything and really coming up with a solid reason/goal/purpose why you wan too lose the weight is important. For me I got 3 massive pieces of paper and drew mind maps I still have them to remind me of where I was to where I am now. One of my biggest reasons for doing this is because in 2 weeks time I will be a student midwife. I wanted to be in the best shape possible by that point, it’s going to be long and hard 3 years with long 12 hour shifts days, night, weekends and holidays alongside lots of essay writing and exams. It will be stressful but if my health and wellbeing continues to improve I believe I will cope.

My start date for the degree is 25th January I set a a goal of being at least 13st 8.5lbs by then, I have for once reached that first hurdle and that feeling is amazing. I hope to continue to lose the weight until I get to 11 stone and then see how I feel about my body and if I want to lose more. I promise that if I can reach my goal so can you!

Well done you and good luck with your midwifery training. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.