Ive gone over my 500 calories..

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Ive gone over my 500 calories..

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ChetSinger 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• So today I’ve had a totally naff day, and I’ve had serious munchies, anyhow, ive gone over my 500 calories, I’ve ate about 900 :(… What shall I do? Shall I fast tomorrow? Please help, I’ve been doing so well on this past couple of weeks, till today 🙁

It happens! I’ve been in a similar situation. It’s definitely not the same, but maybe cut down your normal daily calories tomorrow by 400 to compensate a bit for it? When I’ve gone a bit over, that’s what I’ve done and it’s seemed to work for weight. Not ideal, but definitely better than just ignoring the fact you’ve gone over.

My first fast day yesterday, was doing so well then blew it in the evening. Good tip, will reduce calorie intake today by the excess of yesterday 😜🙌🏼

I’ve written myself a sign which says “Do NOT eat at night” – apparently eating at night contributes to the development of cancers and diabetes type 2… I’ve managed to ignore it about 3 times over 3 weeks, but I am finding that by having it in a prominent place it is helping a bit.
    I refuse to calorie count – I know what is smart to eat and what is smart to avoid – and I mostly stick more or less to about the right amount on fast days, but sometimes it is SO hard.
    I am a total sugar-holic; I’m trying various things to try to alter that (emotional freedom technique, not buying any) but I am very good at finding substitutes when desperate, even if the shops aren’t open!
    Drinking a hot drink seems to help reduce the urge a bit.
    Otherwise, I’m just hanging in there and hoping it will be easier to stay with it as time passes and I’m more used to it.
    Good luck!

I sometimes have trouble on fasting days, too. For example, a coworker might bring in a birthday cake on a fast day and I won’t deny myself a piece.

So I keep a weekly calorie budget instead of a daily one, and if I stumble on a fast day I’ll eat less later in the week to make up for it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.