I've been fasting for a 25 days

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chooky01 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello All
    I’ve been fasting for the passed 25 days. I’ve lost just over a stone in weight and I’m now moving onto the 5:2. I wanted to do a complete fast to get rid of all the bad habits and cravings. It was hard at first but you do get used to it. While I was fasting I came across this website then bought the book and the menus book and decided to move onto the 5:2 and keep with this approach. I have another stone and a half to get to 12stone which is my lightest since 15 (I’m 43 now). This will help because I’m starting back at running club in September. I am already a cyclist (back injury forced me onto the bike instead of running).
    I did fasting years ago but I was amazed how other people thought you were mad or stupid for doing it even though the science was already there. I’m glad Dr Mosley has bought this to light and now there are a few of us (at my workplace) that are doing this and loosing. I’m concentrating on the low GI approach also (app on phone) and I’m writing the GI /GL next to the list of foods in the back of the book. The book goes everywhere with me.

I can vouch for the training also for the past 3 weeks I’ve beaten my time, time trialing (cycling). Before this fasting I was just getting slower and slower on the 10 mile course over the 20week time trailing event.

I have my first sportive in October (60miles)
    Good luck to all and I will keep you posted on diet and training!!!
    Chezza

Hi!
    Do you mean you’ve not eaten anything for twenty-five consecutive days????!!!!

25 days of not eating? I remember years ago I did a 10 day fast with some type of syrup and water and cayenne pepper and everyone thought I was mad – lost 5kgs at the time oo. 2 days fasting and 5 days eating will be a breeze for you then.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.