Is now a good time to start the 5:2?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Is now a good time to start the 5:2?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Bali2015 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Morning all

So ive been a member for a while now but due to my own issues I have been yo-yoing so now have the intention to start the 5:2 BUT I wanted some advice as to when it would be best to start.

Would you start now or wait till the xmas period is over – so in two weeks time??

Thanks xxx

I think if you are keen to start, start now. There’s a week to go to Christmas and barring meals out etc you could fit in 3/4 fast days. It might enable you to not put on weight over Christmas or keep the weight gain to a minimum. But I would still allow yourself some treats, without going mad. Good luck.

I think if you were really that keen you wouldn’t be asking that question lol, seriously though the best time to start is when your heart is in it 100 percent and only you know that 🙂

Gemm for your information its not about whether im keen or not my question was whether it was worth stating a few days before Christmas and was seeking advice from people who have experience on this diet where as I don’t. I wanted to know what peoples opinions were.

Muffin10 – thanks for your advice – you make a very valid point that I can potentially fit 3/4 fast days in and possibly not put on weight over xmas and if I do maybe not as much as I have in the past. thank you 🙂

I would definitely start now!

You could easily fit a couple of fast days in this week….say tomorrow (Wednesday) and then either Friday or Saturday.

This would give you every chance of losing a pound or two before Christmas!

I am actually tentatively planning at least one fast day next week and possibly my usual 2!…I have done so well that I want to try and not put ANY weight on this Christmas!

It might be seen as a difficult time to start 5:2…all those yummy treats just screaming to be eaten!…But if you DID start now then you would have the knowledge that if you can fast just before Christmas you can pretty much manage ANY time!

My only regret with 5:2 is that I didn’t take the plunge sooner than I did!

Only you can know whether your schedule can accommodate fasting at this moment….but if in doubt – why not try it? If you can’t cope you will just be back where you are now and can try again in the New Year….but if you succeed you will have a couple of weeks healthy eating and a pound or more less to deal with by the New Year!

I agree with the others, definately start now. I wish I’d started sooner than I did 🙂 I feel I will be able to handle Christmas and the food involved so much better now, even being on this plan for a short time .. good luck!!

Do it now!

Today

You could get one fast in for the next three weeks then Convert to two.

Your benefit will be less put on and perhaps a small drop.

Why not’!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.