Intermittent fasting 16/8 and what to eat?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
Intermittent fasting 16/8 and what to eat?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Data 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hey all,

Thinking about joining the 16/8 fast program and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a book or site that explains what foods to eat during your 8hr window that is recommended and how MUCH of it to eat?

I did all sorts of searching around on different sites and even books elsewhere and everywhere I read, it explained only what foods was recommended; like kale, apples, oranges, salads, pistachios, yogurt, etc etc, but what they never told me was HOW MUCH of it to eat during your 8hr window and WHEN to eat it? Do I eat every 2hrs, every 2 hours? If I eat an apple, how many apples at that time? If its a salad, what type of salad, how much of the salad, what to include in the salad? etc etc No one seems to have these answers anywhere.

Can anyone help or recommend a source that explains all this and also recommends a large variety of foods to try each day? If it helps, I rather stick to processed foods that I don’t have to cook at the stove as my work schedule is very very busy 10 – 16hr work windows with barely enough time to go home and go back to bed.

Hi,

This link may help https://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/
    to work out your calories.

You may also want to investigate the Zoe Nutritional app because processed and highly processed foods are extremely bad for your gut biome – not all calories are equal by any means, and calorie accuracy on food packaging is quite inaccurate anyway.

I’ve been doing 5:2 for 10.5 years now and also recently started following the Zoe programme. Under 5:2 I lost 10 years of weight gain in 6 months and more or less kept it off ever since. However, since adding Zoe guidelines on what foods are better for me personally, and trying to reduce the amount of processed food I eat, I’ve since lost another 3kg and am back to the weight I was when I was 11 – 48 years ago. I understand your circumstances are difficult wrt time to prepare meals but if you rely on processed foods I don’t think you’ll see the beneficial results you are hoping for. They encourage gut microbes which make you feel hungrier – processed foods, especially ultra-processed ones, effectively have an addictive quality to them which creates a vicious circle.

Sorry this almost certainly isn’t what you want to read, but best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.