Initial 4 Day Fast.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Apricot 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I followed the Fast Diet last year with great results. I lost 3.5 stone but have now put some back on. So here I am back again to give it another go as don’t feel great with the weight gain. I kick started the diet last year with a 4 day fast with around 100 cals a day, has anyone else kick started their experience this way?

That’s really hard to do if you are new to 5:2! I’m just getting to the point where I can comfortably do 20 hours. Tried to fast all day in my second week and found myself dizzy with a fast pulse and I suspect dodgy blood pressure, after which I bought a BP monitor and haven’t tried again for two months.. But this time it’s fine as my body is used to the fasting thing. I’ve not felt hungry all day.

I suspect the body has to adapt to running on ketones instead of sugars?

Actually I’m sure a longer fast is good for pushing things on a bit, if you can do it. Well done you. I’m trying to do 20 hours, then 500 cals low carb, then 16 hours as I prefer brunch anyway. Combined with 4:3, that’s quite a bit of fasting. Nuff for me at present!

I look forward to seeing how you get on. I’m pretty sure there are other water fasters here that I’ve seen on my travels round the threads!

Hey there. Thanks for posting on thread. Always good to hear others approaches to the regime.! I’m looking forward to beginning the fasting again. Once I have kick started the fasting over 4 days (fingers crossed it goes as planned) then plan to follow the 4:3 approach like last year. Will post progress tomorrow!πŸ™ˆπŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ™ˆ

Jason Fung is a great advocate of a four day fast. In the appendix to his book he has some good advice on 4 day fasting, but also says that if you are diabetic and on medication you must do it under medical supervision. He also outlines 24 hour and 36 hour fast patterns.

He also shows why intermittent fasting is more effective over time than calorie restriction, including the fact that metabolic rate stays high.

Ian1984, you probably know that already!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.