In it for the long haul…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
In it for the long haul…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LoriInCT 10 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• After 40 years of battling my weight (I’m 56) with a wide variety of “diets” I’m hoping that I’ve finally found a strategy that I can stick to long enough to make the difference I need. I started the 5:2 today at 17 stone 12lbs (BMI over 40) and need to get down under 13 stone… AND STAY THERE. I’m prepared to take a couple of years to fight off the looming type 2 diabetes and to ease the painful joints that are clearly down to my weight and eating habits and am currently feeling positive about the chances of being able to stick with this. I haven’t seen many posts from people aiming for quite as much weight loss as this, and I’m under absolutely no illusion that it’ll be a simple job, but would be interested to hear from anyone who’s in a similar position. I’m expecting to become quite an expert on the ups and downs of the diet eventually but today I am a newbie! 🙂

Hi LesleyL
    I am in your boat but stated dieting last November at 17 st 9 lbs first with weight watchers and then in Jan with 5:2. I am now 14st 13.5 lbs. I am 58 and have been overweight for 30 years. You can lose it. Join me on my thread ‘lose 2 lb per week with Jojo. There is another thread called ‘ ladies of a certain age’ which is very supportive too.
    Welcome
    Ask any questions you like on these threads, there is always someone who can answer them

Hi ladies. I just started week #2. Lost 4 lbs. my first week which I found very encouraging! Need to lose 87 lbs. in total. 56 years old.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.