In it for the long haul

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
In it for the long haul

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Beavergong 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi All,

Well after losing four stone a few years ago its all back on but more importantly I want to change my way of thinking about food and love the fact I don’t have to worry and plan what I’m eating over the rest of the week. I’m normally trying to work out what I can cut out so I can go out for a meal or have a takeaway so this way feels very right for me.
    I have today done my first ever fasting day and have loved not having to worry too much about what I’m eating for the rest of the week and for some reason feel quite keen to eat more healthily than normal tomorrow so as not to ‘undo’ the good work of today. Hope this isn’t me being sentimental, fingers crossed! Checking and reading the forums today has certainly helped me, thanks guys!
    Cheers
    Claire

Good luck Claire and welcome to the forum, lots of help and ideas on here. It gets much easier and very thoughtful to what you are eating. Don’t forget to measure yourself, you will see inches dropping by…

Well done on your first fast Claire!!

You are not being sentimental at all lol, its your body adjusting to this fab way of life , your appetite and eating habits will change!!

Heres to many more happy fasting days 🙂

thanks for the encouragement folks, much appreciated. I have just come back from my weekly running club session but had yesterday written it off as I thought I wouldn’t feel upto it after fasting for a day, how wrong was I, feel very energised 🙂

You’re right Claire a fast does make you feel energized. I find after 10 months on 5:2 I can do my usual gym program on fast days without a problem . At first I just tried swimming. I find though I do it in the morning. I must admit I’m 61 and can’t run because of a dodgy ankle but the day after a fast feel like I could run a marathon!?!?!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.