Impressions from a newbie.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Impressions from a newbie.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi Chris here.
    I was finally able to watch the BBC Horizons program online and really enjoyed the Dr’s relaxed way of speaking and his genuine emotions at his initial issues and benefits to using the 5:2 fast method. I tried a more radical version of this plan with a protein package that replaces mostly meats and lost 28lbs in a very short period of time. The problem was drinking these shakes and soups became an expensive humiliation over time. The weight was dropping and I was simple depressed. I missed eating delicious foods and the denial set back in so I stopped and walked away from the plan having spent $600 CAN on a fast drop of weight and within 3 months it was all back and more.
    So I watched this program, carefully, twice. I knew dropping calories would drop weight, the formula is simple but a fact, but it appeared to me that one could drop weight (although slower) and still enjoy day to day life. The fasting was not everyday, and life could return to normal the next day.
    So I jumped aboard the 5:2 ship the week of Christmas 2014 and s of this morning have lost a solid 12lbs. I joined up on Pinterest where there is an abundance of links for 5:2 plan recipes that are both creative and flavour packed. I am enjoying the actions of searching for recipes, prepping and cooking on fast days trying new flavours and veggies I have never tried before. The weight is dropping slower for my third week but the fasts are getting easier and easier each week. But my favourite this is the drop in cravings for sugars and carbs. I no longer crave the breads, crackers and sweets like before. That craving was unforgiving and I would polish off entire bags of cookies or chips without a second glance. Overall my cravings have diminished dramatically so snacking is infrequent and I tend to look at better quality meals opposed to backfilling with useless calories. Today the feeling is not so much guilt but a lethargy that sets in quickly if I eat over the top the day after a fast. If I cannot change their eating patterns permanently, how can I be expected to change? This may be the first time the weight loss method attacks both the physical (weight loss) and mental (cravings, guilt and correcting) mental sides. My other benefits so far: 1.5″ off my waist already, 0.5″ of each thigh, my belly is visually flatter than before (I do exercise as well), posture looks better and my energy is returning. Lastly I am breathing better at night thus sleeping more solidly as well, which in itself is a massive positive change to how my body rests, repairs and recharges for the next day. I have a lot of weight to lose to reach my doctor’s recommended weight for my age and height. I started at 297lbs and having lost 12lbs in 3 weeks am down to 285 already. My 1st goal is to lose 25lbs my the end of march 2015. Another 25lbs by late fall and my last 25lbs by the 1 year anniversary start date of the 5:2 plan. Many thanks to Dr. Mosley and Ms Spencer for all their hard work and the for the guts to promote a new way of thinking about weight loss, and quality of life. I for one, am not finding this a struggle to follow, now do I feel guilty or deprived in any way. If I slip up at any point there is always another fast day around the corner to set me back on track. Cheers Chris

Well done Chris on your 12 lbs, it’s a slow journey but you can live on the way. I think you can see it’s more of a life change.

We Fast Monday and Thursday, also have about 1200/1300 calories Tuesday and Wednesday with no naughties! So Friday, Saturday and Sunday we have our treats, a bit of cake a glass or two of wine, hubby has a couple of beers but trying not to go too overboard.

Last year we both lost 28 lbs in 4 months, but due to health issues and operations, no excerise and the eating the weight crept back on not all but about half. We are now back on board to take it all of off and maybe more, just finishing our second week. Hubby has lost 10 lb and I have done 5 lb but we are very pleased.

Good Luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.