I'm transitioning back into the weight loss phase, after being in maintenance

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
I'm transitioning back into the weight loss phase, after being in maintenance

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Pollypenny 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone, I’m not new to 5:2/IF, having used it as part of my active weight loss phase way back in 2012/2013. Since then I’ve been maintaining fairly well, within a 5 pound maintenance window, doing various IF protocols and then since last year very low carb/carnivore woe.

Things were going amazingly well with consistent weigh-ins, and last fall I had my best blood work panel to-date. Then covid19 hit. My normal routine went out the window, my normal grocery shopping/foods I bought got messed up and since the end of March I’ve gained around 15lbs-OUCH. I’m now at my highest ever weight since transitioning in maintenance, and really I can no longer claim to be in maintenance due to the continued weight gain.

A few weeks ago I realized I needed to get this under control and went back to very low carb, which I had previously enjoyed and it worked well. However, I’ve continued to fluctuate the same 3lbs. So I’ve decided to get back to basics and re-start with where I first began, with IF.

Mondays/Thursdays will be my ‘fasting’ days and starting out I’m aiming for 600 calories on those days, and then will adjust down to 500 after I get back into the swing of things. This morning’s weigh-in was 146.8, and my goal is to get back down to around 130lbs.

Can’t wait to get re-plugged in and to meet others doing IF 🙂

Good luck, @veggiegrl ! I am also combining IF (specifically 20:4) with the Fast Diet (4:3 instead of 5:2). I’ve been enjoying it so far and am pleased with the results. 🙂 Like you, I have about 15 pounds to lose… I’m sure we can do it!

@veggiegrl Yes lockdown has proven to be fatal for my weight loss too. Having to stay home has meant lots of snacking and – dessert after dinner most days. When I’m at work I can only eat what I take with me and some days I don’t take anything. I am determined to get back on track now, furlough is almost over. Just hope those clothes in the work wardrobe are not going to be too uncomfortable.

Ha yeah-those darned desserts got me too lol.

I’m pear shaped and I literally have no jeans that fit me now, which is frustrating. Ah well, back at it 🙂

I’ve been in ‘maintenance’ for nearly 2 years now, but my weight can go up as much as half a stone after a holiday etc. I do keto woe mostly, with FDs, but if I go back to carbs weight goes back on very quickly…& is incredibly hard to get it off! At the moment I’m doing liquid FDs, alternate days, & still only losing 1lb a week. Should be back to goal weight hopefully by next week- then we’re on holiday!!
    I hope your plan works for you & you can get those pounds shifted easier than I do!

Yes, it’s difficult. Not so easy to keep busy when we’re stuck at home. Our portion sizes have crept up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.