I'm confused – is oat milk good or bad?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Trying Harder 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I was reading in bed. On page 99 it says dairy milk has a GI of 27, soya has 44, so I wondered about oat milk. I did a Google search and found that oat milk was 70 and spikes the blood sugar. Vowed to pour my stash of oat milk down the drain and go back to cows’ milk. The next morning did a more extensive online search and found lots of sites saying oat milk has a low GI. Now I don’t know who to believe.

I have almond milk with no added sugar- not sure about the GI but it’s lower in calories & carbs than cows milk, might be worth a try?

A lot of those plant based milk replacements have an added sugar ! Read the label !

I’m just as guilty as anyone. I’m pretty addicted to a hazelnut Alpro (Danone subsidiary) product that didn’t make that horrible sludge in my morning cup of coffee as the majority of plant based milks do.

This year, I’m trying hot water and lemon as a go to drink instead of another coffee w milk (even plant milk).

It’s an ugh moment, I admit with plant based milks.

There is a plethora out there, they are way more expensive than milk and they really qualify as a “processed food” what with everything that they put in there to achieve “mouthfeel”. Never a dull moment in the food industry.

Keep vigilant !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.