Ice cream

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  MerryBerryMama 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Today is unprecedentally hot in the UK.(34 degrees) I have not had anything to eat all day…Given the heat I don’t feel like it. Would it be a waste to use 200 calories on an oreo ice cream and will it give me the munchies making the rest of my FD difficult? So hot all I want is ice cream lol!

Maybe just try something a little less dense – what about the fruit splits, or the ones which are simply ice? I know iceland do them for 34 calories as my work did the rounds yesterday and i was fasting and i had one of those 🙂

MerryBerryMama, all that sugar may trigger a major munchies event! Hope you resisted!

There’s nothing wrong with having an ice lolly if you can stick to one ice lolly and not cave in and have a ‘cheat day’ as such.. as long as you’re within your calorie limit for the day and you haven’t gone overboard then you’ll be fine!

when it’s this hot it’s nice to have something refreshing – but due to calories i would try to stay away from the ice creams as such and stick to the ice lollies (technically just frozen squash)

Have you considered making your own frozen treats for the warmer days?

Frozen fruit can be mushed up for a lovely cold not-quite-ice-cream….Bananas work really well, jut peel them and freeze them, then when you want your frozen goodie you take it out of the freezer and either blitz it in a processer, or give it a good mash with a fork, it really does taste creamy!….For a fasting day you can do a fruity berry dessert my m
    ushing up frozen berries (you can buy bags of them ready frozen, or simply freeze your own faves)…..these are just fruit, no added sugar, no fat and the berries at least can be fotted in to a fast day….the bananas are so good I enjoy them even on a non-fast day!

And on a fast day, enjoy lots of calorie free iced drinks…sugar free squash if you MUST…but I like iced tea, iced fruit teas, and iced coffee (tea and coffee made black no sugr!)…and serve in a tall glass with extra ice and a paper-umbrella so you really get that ‘holiday’ vibe!

I discover my love for frozen mango chunks. Very tasty and satisfying during hot Texan summer.

I don’t eat ice cream on fast days; those calories are just too valuable. Other days, yes, if I’m in the mood and have the budget for them.

Thanks everyone. In the end I resisted and plunged for some frozen berries and a little greek yoghurt. It was so hot I didn’t actually have anything else that day. Good tips in preparation for any other hot days. Given where I live though it is unlikely to be a frequent issue!
    I love ice cold water so drank plenty.

Thanks again for the tips. I’m still new at this (3 weeks in).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.