I really want to lose weight with this diet

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
I really want to lose weight with this diet

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  HannahBanana84 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hello All,

This is my first time on the 5:2 diet, I actually started today & my aim is to lose weight as well as get healthy. I’ve been 14st since the age of 20, but here’s the thing, I don’t look it. I am naturally big boned, and I know that’s been used as an excuse in the past but in my case it’s true. When I was in my mums tummy she had to inject herself twice a day with calcium heperin, and I got the calcium. Anyway, have you any tips for the none fast days? I am a lover of food, but my diet overall is healthy and I know this by the fact that I have excellent cholesterol according to my GP, I love fruit and veg and mostly eat chicken and fish, with a little red meat.

So I am asking for tips/advice into making the diet not just a diet, but effectively a lifestyle choice because realistically this is something you’ll have to keep for life although I did read about the 6:1 diet today.

Appreciate your help

~ Hannah B.

i’m 2 big boned
    insurance companies know this ur wrist r big even when if u r skinny
    so no it is not an excuse discussed here

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/body-frame-size-weight-chart-body-fat-content-chart-4-men-and-women/

concerning nonfastdays

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/feast-day-intake/#post-8002

u might want 2 bookmark the latest 50 comments
    that is what i have done

well these past 2 wks i have had a stomach virus
    trying myself
    2 get back 2 health

wish u success 2 a fellow big boned girl

Hi Hannah, I am sure there will be many people out there with lots of experience and great advice.

I am only on my 2nd fast day but have found that leaving it later in the day to eat was far easier than eating breakfast and leaving a huge gap or trying to eke the calories out into 3 meals. Today I had fruit tea and water only through the morning. Then I made a broccoli soup (garlic, onion, stock broccoli & water) and ate this at 3pm with a sesame crispbread and felt OK. This leaves me some calories for a decent meal tonight and the thought of that is keeping me going! I really think this diet is as much psychological as physical.

I am also going to search for some lovely recipes under 200 or 300 calories (a tip received from btomlin824) so I can make nice things to eat on fast days too.

Good luck 🙂 Cath

I have just completed my first week on the diet – program – and I have found that having just my flat white coffee in the morning – 86 calories – and then having just water or mineral water for the rest of the day until around 5.30pm works. I have taken the cheats way out for my meals too – here in Australia we have a company called Lite N Easy and they deliver pre made meals which are calorie counted. So I am having one of their meals in the evening on my fast days. Has been easy so far and hunger has not been an issue for me since fast day 1.

Well I said I wouldn’t weigh myself until next month but couldn’t help myself. Day 9 and I have lost 2.8kg. Got to be happy with that!

Hi Hannah, I wanted to do this too for weight loss and to get healthier. I am not naturally slim and have broad shoulders from years of swimming as a teenager. Some diet classes advise I should be 9 1/2 stone but that would look horrendous on me and 11 stone is about right. I have now done 6 weeks and 20lb down. I stick to 400-500 on fast days but use myfitnesspal app on the phone for the 1st month on my non fast days just to see what I was eating and make sure under 2000 calories. It really helped as I found that some of the things I was eating were too high. Making slight changes to my cooking ( using light coconut milk, swapping mayo for 0% Greek yogurt) dramatically reduced the calories daily and kept me on track. Once i hit a weight I am happy with I too will go to 6:1 maintenance.

Good luck

Thank you all so much for your helpful tips, I haven’t weighed myself yet, but to be honest, 3 weeks in I haven’t noticed any real change and I’m not over doing on non-fast days, but I have noticed that I am unable to eat my regular portion sizes so that’s a good sign. For me personally too I think it’s mind over matter and a general dislike for my body so I really need to work on that. I am eating in the morning and leaving the 12 hour window until dinner on my fast days and I don’t find that too difficult. I have started exercising on fast days though; jogging, brisk walking, kick boxing, would you all recommend that?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.