I dont loose any weight

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
I dont loose any weight

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rise74 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi there
    I am from Denmark, and I am not that good at english, sorry. I hope you will answer me anyway.
    I am so frustrated, im not loosing any weight.. This is my fourth day on fast in one month…On eatingdays I eat healthy and i eat after my TDEE.
    Do any of you, know the same problem?

Rikke

I forgot to whrite that my BMI is 26,8.

Hi Rikke, Not sure how close you are to your goal weight but it may be that you are so close that your TDEE really, really matters.

If you are having 500 calories on your fastdays then you will need to be slightly under and definitely NOT over your TDEE on non-fastdays in order to see weight loss. Depending how close you are to your target, your weekly loss could be a tiny fraction of a kg. You will also need to be very truthful about your activity level when calculating your TDEE in the first place.

It also depends if you have just taken up exercise of some kind along with 5:2? If you have then you may be converting fat to muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so the scale will not be your best type of measurement in that case. You should take your waist/ hip/ thigh etc. measurements too.

Hi Tracy!
    Thanks for your answer.
    I need 7-9 kg to reach my goal weight.
    So do you mean, that I should try to do less than 500 kcal when I do the faste? I do 36 hours, and I eat 300-500 kcal once.
    I run 30 minutes to times a week but, that i did put in when i did my calculating…?

Hi Rikke

welcome to the forums, already good advice given by Tracy but all I would add is you haven’t been doing 5.2 for very long, so please do not worry if you don’t loose right away, it took me a few weeks to start loosing and its been very slow, but you will!!

good luck 🙂

Hi Rikke, No that’s fine. I just put that because I didn’t know what your intake & pattern were and was trying to give you advice based on no information. You are fine with 300-500 calories on a fast day and on or slightly under your TDEE on non-fast days.

If you are running twice a week then you may well be converting fat to muscle. Even if you were running before you started doing 5:2, that is what this way of eating does – it helps you make that conversion. Take all your measurements now and ignore the scales for a few weeks. I think you’ll see a difference in that time and once the conversion has hit a certain point you will start losing the weight.

Hi Rikke, are you only fasting 1 day per week (based on your mentioning 4 fast days in 1 month)? As that’s aimed at maintaining your weight not losing any.

Arla: No, I do twice a week (36 hours)….Yesterday was my fifth fasteday…

Tracy: Thanks, I will try to ignore my weight for a while…

Arla: I was wrong…4 times in 14 days….My mistake..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.