I blew it

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  valzgor 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• SO turns out I didn’t fast during the Christmas Holiday like I had planned to. I did not eat as much as past years but I over indulged on the cookies and Italian dishes that we only have on Christmas Eve. Still too many cookies and other “fun” foods around my house. I will try for next week to fast Monday and Thursday. Oh, well, the book said that it wasn’t advisable to fast during the holidays. Well, they were right!!!

Don’t beat yourself up over a short lapse over Christmas!

The great thing about this diet is how flexible it is. Could you just move your fast days around? Failing that, just start again next week. 🙂

spoken like a pro, I guess? Yes, I will start again next week 🙂

I ate more than I intended to over the last 2 days but I’m just going to dust myself off and get right back on it next week. what’s done is done 😀

It’s Christmas!!! Don’t get mad at yourself for enjoying that time of year. Christmas and your birthday are the days you shouldn’t be worrying about this kind of stuff. So yeah. Poppycock.

I blew it too and not just over Christmas. I fell off the wagon and today is my first fast day since. Two bowls of pumpkin soup so far and it’s 3.15pm (ish).
    I’m enjoying the feeling of being in control again!
    Happy fasting!

I took a 2 week “holiday” over Christmas and it was so nice to know that even though I put on a bit of weight that I’d be able to shift it when I started back in Jan! Good news is that I am now back to the same weight I was on 19/12 before I started my “holiday” Don’t sweat it, just manage your expectations by choosing to take the time off!

No biggie. Count it as a holiday. Welcome back from the good ship Christmas – now roll your sleeves up and get on with real life – which is now the fasting lifestyle. 😉

Right, so I started back on my fast yesterday and was doing great until I came home and my dinner wasn’t ready…and I cooked and it wasn’t ready for an hour…and I’m hungry, really hungry….so I pop one pretzel in my mouth….and then another….and another….and before you know it I’m dogging those pretzels baby, and after that I continued eating…some salad…then dinner was ready and I took a small portion but then went back for, yes, seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, not a good first fast day back but I’m putting it behind me and then hoping Thursdays fast will be better….

I hate it when that happens….. but it’s all too familiar!

Keep on keeping on.

Thanks!

I’m a firm believe that holidays and birthdays are not meant for dieting, these are days for enjoying yourself and celebrating life with your friends and family. I once saw an episode of Dr. Phil and he endorses this philosophy also, he said the problem isn’t that your pigging out on Christmas its that your pigging out the other 300+ days of the year! So enjoy that pumpkin pie and egg nog while you can, and let the new year be a new beginning to get back on track.

@dethrock
    ” So enjoy that pumpkin pie and egg nog while you can, and let the new year be a new beginning to get back on track.”

It’s getting back on track that is challenging.

Valzgor – did you put on weight over christmas or just not Fast?

surprisingly i didnt gain weight…i had wanted to fast but didnt during christmas…still trying to get on the fast track 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.