I am wearing size 8 jeans today

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
I am wearing size 8 jeans today

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  LA Chubster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Not only am I wearing size 8s and getting them zipped up, but I can sit down and breathe in them too!!!

I am 69 years old (soon to be 70) and I’ve never worn a size 8 in my whole life.

Now I’m sure there are women here in size 4s who are desperate to get back into 2s or 0s. We all begin where we begin and go where we’re going. But I was a size 22 when I started trying to deal with my life long weight problem 5 years ago. This is my first 1-digit size!!!

Thank you, Dr. Mosley! And thank you too to all the researchers who have contributed to IF research. Thanks to everyone here to supports everyone else. Thanks, especially, to my Binge Island Buddies and my Sexy Sixties!

I’m so happy for you! You have been an inspiration since I found this site and you’ve made me laugh more times than I can count, even through your own struggles. I do hope you’re also wearing your fancy running shoes!

Hugs — Lolly 🙂

Hi LA Chubster

That’s wonderful. I think jeans have a special place in helping us see how our weight and diet is going. I have a pair of tight jeans that I couldn’t do up when I started 5:2 at the beginning of January. I can now do them up but not sit down (not if I expect to breathe). It will be a happy day when I can sit down in them and feel comfortable.

I carry a lot of weight on my thighs, so fitting into a size AUS16 (US12) is quite an achievement for me (at my heaviest a few years ago I struggled to get into an AUS26). So I understand where you are coming from, our jean’s size aspiration is relative, and fitting into a size that you haven’t been able to wear before as an adult is a major achievement.

Time for some shopping??

I’m the opposite. I’ve got all my weight in my belly. So when I’m wearing jeans that fit around my waist the legs and bum are all baggy and unattractive. When I can switch to a smaller size it really makes an instant difference in how I look for a while and I get all jazzed.

I’ll get a few more pair in the coming weeks but I bought my size 8s as a Christmas present I had to earn. It took me a while but I made it!

I always buy myself a smaller pair to have around as an incentive.

Lolly, I know you’ve been an inspiration for a lot of folks too! You always have such great and positive perspectives on things.

Well done Chubs. Are you now going to change to ‘slim’?

Harroo, hurray! 🙂

annette, you’re so sweet but, believe me, I’ve got a long way to go! I imagine I’ll be full on IF for another year before we see the bellies disappear.

Thanks, Cinque. I’m a happy girl today.

The funny thing I’m discovering is that the relationship between eating/discipline and metabolizing body fat is NOT a linear thing. The week — the entire week — before this happy development I was binging my rosy pink #ss off. …or, rather, ON! But I had a couple FDs and resumed my exercise and sensible eating regimen and, look out!, shame turns to delight, smaller pants. Go figure!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.