How to flatten my wobbly tummy after weight loss

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
How to flatten my wobbly tummy after weight loss

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HappyNow 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I have been doing the 5:2 plan for about eight months now and the effects have been brilliant. I started out at around 15 1/2 stone with a 38″ waist, and I am now down to 11 1/2 stone with a 32″ waist. I am really, really happy with my weight loss and just hope I can maintain it as I move into the maintenance phase.

However, despite my weight loss, I still have a very soft tummy, which sticks out. I am not sure if this is fat, or just soft skin that got used to being stretched and now has nowhere to go. It doesn’t look awful, but having done all that hard work and fasting I would really like a flat tummy to complete the look.

My other half insists that if I stick with the diet a bit longer, then that will go. I am happy to do this, but am wary about losing too much weight (I never thought I would say that!) and still having a wobbly tummy. Has anybody else had this problem and what did they do about it? Is the only option the dreaded sit-ups??? :o(

Situps won’t do much to banish subcutaneous fat. They’ll just tone the muscle behind it.

Your only option is more 5:2! (Unless you’re talking about excess skin that had lost it’s elasticity which is a whole different matter).

Phew! So at least I get to avoid the sit-ups!

I am not sure whether it is fat or skin. My body shape in general is now fine, but I still look like I have a little belly, which I was surprised at given my BMI is now below 21 (after being over 30 for a while). Maybe it’s just age. I didn’t have the belly when I last weighed this much, but I guess that’s the difference 10 years can make.

Hi Devonian,

Congratulations on the weight loss.

I’m female, also in my 40s, lost about 30lbs last year and have maintained that loss (BMI under 21) since May 2014.

I found that my shape continued to change, and firm up, for several months after even though I was no longer actively losing weight. So you will hopefully see some further readjustment of shape/ skin.

However… I think you do have a point when you say maybe it’s just age! You’re not old, but you do have to have age-realistic expectations!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.