How many calories should I be eating?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
How many calories should I be eating?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  august23 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I’ve been following the 5:2 diet since January 2013 and lost just under a stone; but since May onwards my weight loss has stalled, sitting around the 14st 5lbs mark (dipping to 14’2 some weeks, rising to 14’8 other weeks).

Nothing has changed in what I eat on fast days, nor what I eat the rest of the week. I’m now wondering whether the amount of calories I eat non-fast days is important. I’ve been eating around 600 calories on fast days (consisting of 2x poached eggs on toast for breakfast, steamed fish with steamed veg for tea). On non-fast days I’ve been assuming I’m taking in 2,400 calories. BUT I’ve recently started using a Calorie Counter app on my phone and realised that my actual calorie intake on non-fast days seems to be about 2,000 – 2,250 calories. Does the diet have less effect if I don’t have my expected calorie intake on non-fast days?

I found that I had to increase my exercise a little and reduced what I ate on the non fast days to kick start the weight loss again. I sometimes eat 1500 Kcal on the occasional non fast day and have noticed my portion size reducing. I have noticed that if I have a party at the weekend or when I was on holiday I ate more and the weight loss stopped.

Although this is a diet I’m also trying to slowly reset the bad habits of the past so when I get to my non obese weight, April 2014, I will not start putting the pounds back on and have to diet again ( greater than 80% of people regain their lost weight plus more in two years) I will just do the one day a week fast.

Hello

Me and hubby are newbies, just did first fast day (24 hours then ate calories, then another 12 hours and feed day started)and it was easy, water is your friend! I only drink fizzy with lemon slice.

My questions:

1) On feed days are we supposed to have calories within our TDEE figure?
    2) What is the relevance of the BMR figure, is this the amount of calories to have on feed days?
    3) Any foods to just avoid on either day?

Thank you and take care!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.