how do the fast days work with the pre diebetics

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
how do the fast days work with the pre diebetics

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kilda 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• hi, sorry for my spelling mistakes, i’m not from the UK…
    i’m new to this diet, today i’m on my second fast day and loving every second!
    so many times we have been told that eating every 3 hours is important for preventing diebetis – that is about keeping insulin levels normal.how do the fast days fitt in??? I mean, can’t the fast days elovate the insulin levels??
    my husband is looking for a way to decrese his sugar levels and i’m afraid it will make him worse…
    any thoughts? can you help me?

Hi Corona and welcome to the forums!!

I am sorry I cant help re the diabetes, maybe look around the help section on this page? hopefully someone will be along to help 🙂

Good luck xx

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/forum/body/medical-conditions/

just saw this Corona, hope it helps!! 🙂

thanks Angie090465

you’re welcome!! 🙂

intermittent fasting should actually help, not hurt prediabetes. People with prediabetes are believed to have high insulin levels because their bodies have become resistant to insulin, so it has to pump out higher amounts of insulin to do the same job (which is regulating your blood sugar). During fasting your body gets a rest from the cycle of eating–> raised blood sugar–> insulin produced to bring the blood sugar back down. In theory intermittent fasting improves your body’s sensitivity to insulin, which should reverse some of the changes of prediabetes. So it should be beneficial to your husband, and not anything to worry about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.