Holiday Weight-Gain

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Just spent 5 months losing 9 pounds. Went on holiday for 11 days and have put on…..9 pounds! Just bloomin’ marvellous.

I’ve been back a week now and have lost 4 pounds of it, so hopefully it isn’t going to take me 5 months to lose it second time around.

Back to calorie counting: I am one of those people who have to count every day.

welcome back pudding, take comfort in knowing this plan works and you will lose it all again, 4lbs in one week is fantastic, fingers crossed for you it continues xx

Hi Pudding-Love your name

I’ve just read your post and thought oh-oh-I’m going on a two week holiday this weekend and like you I have spent the last 11-12 weeks trying very hard to lose my precious 9lbs!

So naturally when I read your post; I thought that will probably happen to me aswell. Never mind though, as you say, you have lost 4lbs already in one week; so it seems as if it isn’t going to be as torturous to lose it the second time around!

I’m sure I’ve read other people saying that sometimes eating 7:7 and then going back to the fast diet; gives their system a jump-start to start losing again.

I certainly hope so anyway for you and for me!

Hello everyone 😉
    I am new to the forum and reasonably new to this diet.-way of living!
    It is my 3rd week, my first two were quite good (lost 7lbs!) but I have been on holiday for a week and have gained 7lbs! Which is quite sad ;( although I understand where it came from!!

I hope like pudding ( great great name) I can do as well as you have done 😉
    How did you do precious boo boo with regards to your holiday?
    Good luck to everyone!
    I am fasting today-so no dunking for apples on this fine bonfire night!
    Take care everyone

Hi babbell

Welcome to the fast diet forum! You did really well to lose 7lbs in two weeks. Hopefully for you; you will lose the weight gained back fairly easily.

I had nice meals and wine every night! Well you only have a couple of holidays a year usually; I put 3 1/2 lbs on. Then lost that plus another 1 1/4 lbs in the following weeks and was estatic.
    And then last week put the 1 1/4 lbs back on and I’m now back to what I was in the middle of September!

Pudding never got back to this post to tell us what happened with her weight gain; I always think it’s a shame when people don’t look back at posts in response to theirs.
    And besides, like you; I’d like to know if she lost her weight again!

Anyway good luck babbell – let us know how you get on.

Hello precious booboo
    Thanks for responding 🙂
    I think you did really well to only put 3 or so lbs on- and even better to lose it and even more so quick. I am sure you will re lose it again too 🙂
    I was on my first fast after holiday yesterday and it was a bit tough and i did go over a little bit too- my next one is tomorrow and I am back at work too so I probably won’t struggle as much-I hope!
    Keep in touch, it feels easier to know there are others doing it-keeps me feeling rather motivated, and i hope it does with others too 🙂 as people around me think it is a fad! No matter how I explain and even though I lost the 7lbs in two weeks!!
    Take care
    X

Hey Babbell! Yup, this forum is a very nice handle when your surroundings aren’t as supportive as you hope. I’m actually a bit scared to tell my family exactly how I’m eating, as I’m afraid they’ll call me crazy… but oh well, they’ll see for themselves when I see them again in 2 months (my parents) and in 10 months (rest!)

Keep us posted on the loss! 7 lb is already amazing 🙂

Hi babbell

We have no idea how much weight you would like to lose and it is totally up to you what you tell this forum BUT the very best way to silence people who think this is a fad diet is to lose that weight and keep it off!
    When you start looking different; then people including the naysayers will notice and enquire.

Easier said than done for some of us (me) but you lost 7lbs in two weeks and okay you put it back on big time (it must have been a seriously good holiday!) so now you just start again.

Hi Nika

That’s a great goal you have there. If you have lost an appreciable amount of weight by then; they are going to be gobsmacked.

I honestly wouldn’t worry about them thinking you might have lost your marbles; just give them your fast diet book to read. It’s been written and developed by a well-known, respected doctor and programme maker and if that doesn’t convince them then what will? I wouldn’t mind betting that your parents might want to have a go!

Good luck to you both

Dad’s a paremedic and mom’s a nurse (or was). So they have some ideas about health that are quite rigid 😛 But, I did tell my dad the other day and he said he was going to have a look around the website. He realized this is the way that works for me and wants to be supportive of that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.