Hi

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tklove21 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• This is my first day. My head hurts. I feel weak. But I will survive!

Hi, @tklove21!! You’ll do great! Good luck! Pretty soon you’ll be looking forward to your fast days. πŸ™‚

Well, I survived. I’m still alive. And oddly enough, even though to day is a regular eat day, I’m getting full quicker. I love it!

Thanks for the support mommabear. I hope it is working well for you.

@tjlove21, so glad it went well for you!! I moved my fast day to today because I workout very hard on Thursday mornings plus I had a late tennis match. Didn’t think I could do both while fasting!! So I fasted today…plus played 2 hours of tennis in the heat (I’m in the Southern US). I’m hungry & ready for breakfast in the morning!! But I’m hopeful for a good weigh in & weight loss. That would be a fantastic start to the weekend. πŸ™‚ Good luck to ya!!

Anyone having problems overeating on a regular day? This is my second fast day, and I’m Ok. But this weekend, I could have eaten the house if it was made of food! I’m confused. This seems backwards to me.

Hi tklove! I have been doing this since July. I have problems with over eating on non fasting days too. It’s usually more to do with what’s going in in my life than actual hunger. It’s an ongoing problem but I’m determined to beat it and get to my goal.

Hi tklove, mommabear, ChrissieinBrittany and all. I have been on this lifestyle since Feb this year and have lost well over 16 lb. Problem now is I yo yo and plateu with my weight. The reason is that I over eat on my non fast days. Ok I binge. I get back on the programme, eat sensibly and can lose 4 lb in two weeks and that includes 30-40 mins of cardio 3 times a week including working out on fast days. I have just finished a fast day as I type this and have been reading a diary I commenced when I started 5:2. It makes interesting reading. I did the diary for aprox 6 weeks, warts and all and it shows a pattern. I would suggest that those of you with problems try it. Do it every day. Log all eating, drinking, Weight, waist and neck measurements as well. Most importantly log how you feel each day, your moods and sleep patterns. It is a real help because if you are honest with your entries it actually talks back to you, gives advice, information and support. It also admonishes you when you have a naughty day or feel cheesed off and comfort eat. Above all it is a point of reference in your life that in the months to come gives a window of your life experiences in a brief moment in time.
    Good Luck to you all.

Hello all,
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I really appreciate it. I use the myfitnesspal app although not as consistently as I should. And I do believe, like what was mentioned, that emotions are the root of my problems. My husband is divorcing me. (Apparently he believes the grass is greener on the other side) But anyway, I won’t give up but it will be hard. Thanks again everyone.

I’m so sorry you’re going through a hard time.

(((hugs))) Hang in there…we all know the grass is greener where you “care for it”. You will not only survive, but thrive!

Come “Fast” with us πŸ™‚

Sending you hugs too tklove21

β€œThere are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them.
    But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.”
    ― Paulo Coelho, The Fifth Mountain

Thank you ChrissieinBrittany,Carla and Lozlex. Your kind words are really appreciated. I will be Ok. It’s just going to be rough for a while. And I’m not going to give up on the fast diet. I hope you continue to do well with your health and weight loss success.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.