hey

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lichtle 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• 4 weeks no results, how long to see a change?
    I eat normal for 5 days and nothing for two, on those two days I drink water during the day and a couple of beers during the night.
    I get diarerah during those two days, because of No food
    regards

Hi metabojerry

No change at all ?
    Have you thought of measuring your body ?
    (bust, waist, hips, thighs, arms)
    If the weight doesn’t drop the cms do !
    Maybe no beer would be better on the fast days..:)
    A light meal in the evening of fasting days is the way to go

Anyhow , don’t despair this is a long term programme

Good luck!

Can’t say that 400kcal worth of beer would be my choice of nutrition on a fastday. Beer is pretty much exclusively carbohydrate too, so I bet it’s a battle of wills to stop yourself having more or going on to other food. And then there’s the ‘carb effect’ the next day too.

Whenever I overdo it (especially on carbs) the night before a fastday I find it more difficult to ignore ‘hunger pangs’ and get through a fastday with no problems. If I eat normally the day before I don’t have any hunger twinges at all. So my question would be, is the 2 beers thing necessary? And is it just on fastdays or do you do this every day? If it’s every day I’d recommend that you drop it straight away for fastdays and replace it with something more nutritious (or nothing at all). Dropping your alcohol intake twice a week shouldn’t be too much of a hardship and I really think it might help you if your main aim is weight loss (don’t ‘make up’ for those 2 days on your other 5 though). Once you get into that, maybe you could consider helping yourself out on fastdays by reducing beery carb intake on the night before fasts too.

Sorry there is just not enough information to give you any meaningful explanation. What do you regard as “normal”? It might be that you eat the calories you save on the two fast days on the 5 eating days. This can happen very easily. I suggest you work out your TDEE and stick to that on the 5 eating days. If you save 1500kcals on each fast day, you only need to overeat 600kcals on each of the other five days to not lose weight.
    Some people forget to count calories in drinks. I agree with TracyJ, to drop the beer at least on fast days and don’t forget to count the beer calories on the eating days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.