Here I go

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fatrabbit 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• 1st day and I’m totally positive and full of porridge! 18 months ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition that left me practically immobile. Thinking back I’d probably had it a couple of years and due to the lack of exercise through pain and the subsequent steroid treatment, which I am still taking, I have gained a huge amount of weight which is in itself having an impact on my wellbeing both physically and emotionally. My daughter lost a considerable amount of weight using the Fast Diet but decided in the end it was unsustainable for her and she now follows a calorie counted diet and huge amounts of gym activity. Nevertheless, I bought the book and after reading it cover to cover, I decided this is the way I want to go. I’m a member of another forum which covers my illness and know how important support from peers can be so looking forward to interacting with you all.

The extra weight I gained because of inactivity due to pain is what pushed me to find this solution too. I have been overweight most of my adult life but the enforced inactivity from my fibromyalgia pushed it beyond what I was prepared to live with and luckily I know someone for whom 5:2 worked wonders so I knew what to read about when I reached that point. I have been fasting for ten weeks now and have had good results although not as spectacular as some do. Not only have I lost weight and inches but my energy levels have increased and the pain is not too bad. It is there but it isn’t dragging me down. I hope you find it sucessful for you too:)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.