Help!!ive put on a pound

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Help!!ive put on a pound

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Louloub 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• 3 weeks in to the fast diet and I’ve lost 5 pounds so far.however just finished my 2nd fast of the 3rd week and I’m horrified to see ive put on a pound!i am 5,3 in height and overweight at 11.6.i am now 11.2 3 weeks in.the first week I thought ive found the diet that will work for me!and now I’m not too sure.maybe I should watch what I eat more on normal days?or exercise more?has anyone else had this problem?

It will be the right diet for you, though I don’t think of it as a diet. Don’t worry about it. Do you weigh yourself in the same clothes, or naked each time, as that could make a difference. Also if you put the scales on different floorings it can weigh different.It also needs to be roughly the same time of day each time, as we weigh differently during the day.
    I find I can weigh 5lbs heavier if I am on my period too, could it be that?

Go by inches, have you lost inches?
    Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you have been exercising it could be that. It will settle down again though I am sure. Don’t give up now, you have done brilliantly. Most people give up around 3 weeks in, stick wit it, it will work.

You’re doing great. Jane xx

Thanks jane!i weigh myself without clothes and the morning after the fast day so I don’t know!maybe I am being too generous to myself on non fast days?i will stick with it for another while and maybe use measurements to track aswell! 🙂

3 weeks isn’t long Louloub so don’t be disheartened, 4lb is still great given that the average is 1lb per week. I know it’s encouraging when you can see a loss but don’t worry, it will work for you, just give it a bit more time.

Good Luck, Linda

Hi Louloub, stick in there! I agree that 1lb per week loss on the 5:2 diet is good – some may consider it ‘slow’ but it is definitely a slow & steady ‘lifestyle’ & we’re in for the long haul, as opposed to a quick fix. I also personally think there is variation between weighing ourselves day to day +/- 1lb or two, as there are so many other factors e.g. water retention, so I don’t trust a one-off result.

I agree with Make IT re: measurements. The number on my scales has remained static for the last 2 weeks yet I have lost inches.

All I’m doing with my diet is trying to ‘clean up’ my diet on non-fast days (i.e. as much wholesome, nutritious, unprocessed foods with lots of veggies) as the temptation to eat a lot of junk (for me) is still pretty strong. Getting there slowly 🙂

Let us know how you get on & good luck!

Thanks Linda and luckylucy! Maybe I’m being a bit impatient I agree that it is a lifestyle tho so I will stick with it!i actually tried to do a third fasting day this week to try and budge the scales but found it too much!i also find it hard resist that junk luckylucy but on the whole haven’t had those chocolate cravings which make me binge and admit to eat the whole sweet cupboard so that has to be a plus!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.