HELP.. to weigh or not to weigh

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP.. to weigh or not to weigh

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lisafromhome 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• i have a bi polar which invades my daily life, sometimes from not getting out of bed to how many times i tap my spoon in my coffee cup, but i get on…

i weighed myself last week, and id gained weight, not a lot, only maybe 2 pounds, but i panicked and didn’t know what to do… so a lot of mental work, i managed to change my mind and keep it this way, in that, ive gone from not eating, and then gorging on chocolate to eating 3 meals a day, i haven’t had chocolate in 3 weeks nor want/desire it but that because i was eating i had gained weight because im now eating,

but heres the thing… every time i walk past boots my brain automatically tells me to weigh myself… i dont, but…

after reading this advise me to weigh monthly or keep to weekly and try and not panic… i went to see the doctor, mine was off and i got a locum who, quite frankly got me out the room asap…

it sounds childish reading it back…. but it anyone can help/advise that would be amazing

Hi Lisa, if it makes you feel better hop on the scales whenever you want just don’t get upset or panic if you don’t see the result you want.

When you read the posts on this forum you will see that some people weigh themselves all the time and some hardly ever. Personally I am impatient to see a loss so tend to get weighed a couple of times a week, especially if I haven’t lost anything the first time, although I am trying to keep it to once a week. I know I wouldn’t be able to wait a month. It’s disheartening if I haven’t lost but then I have to think about why I haven’t lost and, in my case, it’s over indulging on the non-fast days. I know I have to be stricter with myself and cut out the chocolate for instance because I can’t just have one!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss, Linda

Hi Lisa the main thing is – try not to panic. As Linds says, hop on the scales if you want to but bear in mind that your weight can fluctuate by a couple of pounds within a few hours and that weight is affected by the time of day/time of the month/the clothes we are wearing/ whether we have just eaten…you get my drift. So if you don’t see a loss every time it’s fine…tell yourself there’s always another day. A bit like fasting when you can eat tomorrow 😀

If you gain too much take a deep breath and ask yourself why this has happened. Did you eat too much on your non fast days?

Bad luck that you got a locum who knew nothing about you …and too many locums just don’t bother to read notes I’ve found….but take it slow and steady and we’ve got your back on here if you need to ‘talk’ to someone

Take care

xxx

thank you every one… the one thing that did surprise me was the chocolate and the diet coke.. i thought i was totally addicted and would have really bad prangs but i miss neither and i dont know if its because i have a get up and go buzz going or whether… i was eating it for the sake of eating it, if that makes sense… its great having this forum… im not alone… how many of us have said “i’m going on a diet” to friends and then failed, so much so your friends say “aye right” when you say it again… plus we all have good moments and bad moments and i feel someone positive is on the other side of the screen.. thanks again!! xxx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.