Help!! Stuck at same weight for 2 weeks

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Help!! Stuck at same weight for 2 weeks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  hermajtomomi 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi there

I’ve been doing 5:2 for 10 weeks now. The last 2 weeks I’ve not lost any weight (or gained which is good)
    I have stuck to exactly the same as I should with a little more exercise too n my weight has stayed the same. I’m quite disappointed as I’ve been losing about 2 to 3 pound a week.
    Does anyone have an explanation to this or help

Thanks

Carol

Hi Caztratt:

As the average weight loss for women on 5:2 is a little less than a pound a week, you are doing very well indeed. I suspect some of those 2 to 3 pounds a week were water weight losses.

Just keep doing what you are doing and your weight loss will get going again. This might give you an idea about how your weight loss might progress from here: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Good Luck!

Caztratt, I just lost 40 pounds with 5:2, going from a BMI of 26.9 to 20.1. My weight loss averaged a pound a week, but some weeks I’d lose two pounds and other weeks I didn’t lose any weight or even appeared to gain weight. Some of that is because of random fluctuations in water weight. My weight loss would seem to stall for a couple of weeks about every 10 pounds or so. My doctor told me that was normal, to just keep on doing what I knew worked and it would start up again, and that did work for me. One thing that can happen, though, is that once you lose a lot of weight, the amount you need to eat to maintain your weight goes down; so sometimes it’s necessary to re-calculate your TDEE and either cut back on what you eat on non-fasting days, or start walking or exercising more.

Nothing to worry about, Caztratt. I got stuck on a plateau for FIVE MONTHS! But at least I didn’t put any weight back on. I decided to hang on in there and I finally began to lose again. My progress has been slow, it’s taken me 16 months to lose 30lbs (14 kilos) but for me, who was already eating healthily but still didn’t lose weight, 5:2 has been and continues to be a spectacular success.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.