Help! I've lost my fasting enthusiasm

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Help! I've lost my fasting enthusiasm

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lizamor 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I started 5:2 in jan, found it fantastic and lost about 10/11 lbs in 3 months. This was a major achievement for me. But lately the enthusiasm has waned, I have been tired from many months of broken nights with baby, have stopped exercising and am struggling to even do one fast day a week.

Hi alfie2blue you have a wee baby and that takes up alot of energy and emotion–so go easy on yourself–being a mum is a full time job. How about ditching the fasting idea–just eat healthily and enjoy these very precious months. Your exercise can be walking your baby, there is even a yoga programme for mum and baby. put you and baby first there is time for weight loss later.

all the best and go well

Wow this could have been me who posted this! Im with you in the exact way. I too started this in Jan and lost 8kg in 4 months! I was stoked with this. But then i started getting exhausted due to busy work and broken nights with a 3 year old and 1 year old. And then Easter came along and I went away on family holiday and just lost all motivation. Since then Ive struggled to get back into it again. I never used to struggle with the fasting days but now I cant get through them! Ive started to get back into my exercise but not doing as much as before. i have to get up at 4:30am for workouts to ensure i get them done before my kids wake. I cant workout in the evenings as Im too exhausted and I come up with excuses. But its the food thats the main problem. Im always hungry!!! I dont know what to do but am hoping that being on here might get my mind back on the right track! I wish I had some advice or great inspiring words for you, but Im in the same place as you and need help!

yeah alfie2blue- well done for loosing 10/11 lbs so quickly -I mean Jan isnt so long ago is it-ok I started in March-
    Just learn to eat healthy fruit & veg only-stay off the supermarket cheepos and BOGOF deals on pre-prepared lasagnes etc. if you are on your own and just have the baby

dont get “2 blue” about your self alfie-easier said than done. mind you

this is what a seasoned 5.2/weightwatchers call JIGWP says.

I lost 3 lbs in the first 4 days and thought I had found a dieters life saviour, but no, it’s slow but sure all the way. We did not put this weight on over night so we have to give it time and time and a little more time. As I have said I lost 56 lb in 17 months with WW and the last few pounds are the hardest to lose so I am here for the long term and you will have to find a tailor to take those trouser in for you. JIP

• I got to goal July 2011,lost 42 lbs in 6 months,10 months to lose the last 10 lbs. (17 months in all) size 12′s is wonderful. 3 pts of water a day and walked my little feet off. stayed to goal third anniversary on 5th July 2014 at goal. I hope I have cracked this yo yo dieting. I would like to lose another 7 lb so not always be thinking about 5lb limit. Holidays keep getting in the way of WW. I am now doing 5 days WW and 2 days on the 5-2 started 4/4/14 doing well
    But like you,
    I’m finding that I over eat on non fast days but I can stick to 500- 550 fast days, I am having a day off today, I put on 1+1/2 lbs today at WW is am going to have rum and coke and start again tomorrow and this tomorrow is going to come unlike so often we promise ourselves. I walk over 15k yesterday that 6 miles and still put on, I have done 13500 so fat today playing bowls and walking. I still my steroids and under active mess have a lot to answer for. Happy fasting JIP
    I drink at least 4 or more pints of water plus black tea and couple of cups of coffee, I don’t think I could go all dat buti can go without until about 3 or 4 o’clock. well done you. Happy happy.
    • will just say slow but sure, I will not give up. I still go to WW my class Tuesday Mornings I go with my sister and about 5 friends all at different stages of our journey. I am sure you could go to any WW class just to purchase a pedometer they would be glad to get the sale. Have a look on line to find your nearest class. Failing that I would purchase one for you and post it to you if all else fails. Happy fasting JIP old post from the 5/5. JIP”

also read simonecluvs postings-cheer-up

Watch the documentary Eat, fast Live (or re-watch if you’ve already seen it once)

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.