HELP GAINING WEIGHT!?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Please I need some advice fast, I started this a week and half ago I eat less than 500 cals on fast days but not through trying, I exercise everyday the HIT training, I try not to go overboard on normal days however 1 day I had Chinese and the other day I had pizza express yet I have weighed myself twice in the short space of doing this diet and I have put on 5lbs that is quite a lot surely?

However because I don’t want to give up, I do believe in this before I started this I was on a strict 500 cal a day diet for 23 days and I lost a stone, do you think from going to extreme to this that my body is trying to sort it self out? Also no inches lost but my clothes aren’t getting tighter, however my faith is loosing the will

“do you think from going to extreme to this that my body is trying to sort it self out?”

Yes, very probably. Some others have reported stagnant or increasing weight coming to this from incredibly restrictive diets. It does sound like you may not have the clearest idea how you are doing on non-fastdays though?? Maybe take a few non-fastdays of proper calorie counting, to make sure you are not habitually going well over your TDEE. As long as you are comfortably UNDER your TDEE you shouldn’t need to strictly calorie count after that.

I’d also caution that if you hadn’t been doing all of the exercise before you started on 5:2 then it could just be that. Whatever it is, I’m sure with a bit of mindful attention and a willingness to commit to making this work for you, you can sort it out and progress. You may have to accept that in the short-term your body needs some “What the @%$# are you doing???” time.

Yes you’re right thank you for your comments, very much appreciated. Although I try to be mindful of non fast days I haven’t been 100% and having celebrations recently haven’t helped, so I’m still cracking on with this I know I’ll get there, plus my extreme diet beforei think I had a lot of muscle waste so now as you said doing exercise I guess it’s the muscle building up? Because no inches have gone on and clothes aren’t tight
    Just quickly though as I had those recent celebrations where I knew I’d be eating fatty food I tried to so that that day I wouldn’t be eating anything else calorific that day to try and keep it down, but I guess that doesn’t matter either?

I’m not sure what the question was there but it doesn’t matter WHAT you eat, just the calorie contents.

Once you’re into the lifestyle and starting to look at changing up your other eating habits for the better, you might want to consider worrying less about fat (not really that bad for you) and more about carb/sugar intake. High-protein & Low GI is what I am now aiming for but to start with you just need to get your head around calories and settling into this as a way of life.

Best of luck with it 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.