Help for a wino!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Thumbnail 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Hi all
    This is my first fast day! all i have had today so far is lots of dandelion tea, and one sachet of veg cuppa soup (99 cals). I was wondering if anyone would help me with something that I can’t seem to find a straight answer for.. can you have wine on your normal/feast eating days?? I love a glass or two in the evening with my dinner. Is this ok, and not frowned upon? I have a couple of stones to lose, and my brothers wedding is in April.. would like to make a significant dent in my weightloss by then…
    Happy Detox-Monday all!!

xxx

I haven’t cut out my weekend drinks and have lost 14lb in about 9 weeks. It’s all about moderation I think on the “normal days”. You can eat (and drink) what you like, just not as much as you like.

Good luck!

Hi Junebaby (love that lol)!

well done on your fast day, and I agree with Linds, I have anything I want on feed days, but not AS MUCH as I want lol!!

good luck and happy fasting 🙂

Aww Thanks both so much for your help!! Thank you!

I have to say.. my daughter is sat opposite me eating chips and pie… I am struggling!! lol! thanks though!

:-)) xxx

Arghhh Junebaby!!

Tomorrow you can do the same and eat fish and chips in front of her hehe 🙂

w’hooo!! as long as i can have that glass of wine too! lol! xx 😀

I from the american south and I’m your usual country boy in that I love beer and whiskey, when I started last year I found I pretty much had to cut out the alcohol from my diet. When I began I told myself every week that if I lost any weight I could have a few shots of whiskey, but after I finished the bottle I had I kinda left it at that and didn’t go buy another one. I just seemed to lose my desire to drink, now I’m a teetotaler and can’t drink too much at all. I can’t even do a shot of jagermeister now without choking, and I used to pride myself on shaming the college students in my town. Oh well we all have to make sacrifices I guess.

Hi all. I don’t know whether anyone else has the same experience of weight gain after alcohol- I always put on at least 2 lbs the morning after drinking. Fortunately I am able to cut drinking nights to one a week, I’ve never been one to have a glass of wine with my dinner I wouldn’t stop at one or two I’m a bit of a binger I’m afraid. Anyway, I’ve tried different alcohols, wine, spirits etc but the end result is still the same and I end up just going round in circles. I know the obvious answer is to stop altogether but its my only vice- apart from food of course. I’ve given up smoking, live like a nun, don’t do drugs or mug old ladies…. it seems really unfair that my body just won’t allow me to drink without messing up all my dieting efforts for the whole week. Does anyone have any suggestions? Heeelllpppp!

Why not work out how many calories you consume in the form of alcohol…..and then you can make informed choices about how you want to consume the calories up to your TDEE on a non-fast day?

I happen to love Almond Croissants and was unable to pass a bakery if they had any. I was rather shocked to discover that they are around 600 calories, or almost a third of my daily calorie allowance.

I still have one now and again, but I have decided that I would rather eat other things instead of ‘spending’ so many calories on something that is gone in moments.It’s been really interesting to discover that while nothing is off limits, it is you choice of how much.

If you want to lose weight, then you will need to make choices on what you do consume whether it is alcohol or food.Several people on here have noticed that as the weeks go by, their alcohol consumption plummets.If you are a binge drinker, that wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen.Perhaps you would be able then to enjoy a glass and not need anymore.

Best wishes with what ever you decide.

yes you can have wine – read the FAq section !! – Michael has given his answer there ……

Thanks Smeeagain and Annette52. I did have a drink on Friday and weighed myself yesterday Morning after my 3rd fast day. Ive lost 4lb so thats a good result I think despite the vat of gin and tonics! 🙂

I thought Michael said you shouldn’t drink alcohol on fast days. He was on Rachel Ray’s talk show and was demonstrating 5:2 recipes and she asked him; Rachel love wine, too!

Not to put down your love of wine, I love it, too, but I stopped drinking my couple glasses of wine on my fast days and a couple of weeks later, I’m wearing my size 10 jeans.

It’s your choice. I’m sure you will continue to lose if you drink on those fast days, but I think the wine slows it down a bit and I really want to get to my goal at a faster pace.

Good luck to you.

I don’t drink wine on fast days, but I have four glasses of white wine on other days. I have found that I must drink a glass or two of water with each glass of wine. And I am finding that even four glasses is too much. I can’t tolerate wine as much (I was having five or six glasses of wine most days).

Not surprisingly I am not losing weight at a rapid pace, but I would rather take the wine than leave it at this point.

So other winos might like to compare their results with mine.

Hi

I’ve lost 16.5 kg and am now on week 29 – three weeks into 6:1, now that I have reached a good weight.

You will be happy to hear that I have drunk wine on all my fast days and STILL lost the weight. I fast all day and save my calories for the evening, when I drink 2 x 100 ml glasses of white wine in a small tasting glass (which gives the impression of more) = total 140 calories. I then deduct my protein and fruit and make up the rest of the 500 calories in vegetables. It works a treat.

I’ve also been a bit of a wino but for health reasons I have cut back so I have 2-3 alcoholic free days a week. The rest of the time I have at least 2-3 glasses each day and the weight is still coming off, I just snack less so I have more calories for wine 😉

Exactly, LilyB. It’s a matter of balancing priorities! Good for you for having (what we refer to in Australia as) AFDs – alcohol free days!

Thanks lilyb. I am about to do the same. I simply can’t drink as much wine as I was drinking before I started 5:2, because I get dehydrated so easily. I take alot of water when I drink, but I am sitting here with a headache today. So I intend to take today and tomorrow as alcohol free. So AFD’s are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday this week. Yup I am Aussie.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply.