Help and encouragement need!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Help and encouragement need!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  albatera1 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• HI this is also my first fast day in fact I only start the 5.2 yesterday. I am a diabetic and wondered is you can drink Coca Cola Zero and Tonic Zero on fast days. Coke Zero actually has 1 calorie and Tonic Zero has 6 which I counted into my 500 calories for the day. Is this OK.
    I have tried several diets and last year lost 3st but unfortunately this year put it all back on after I had surgery for a liver problem, (stones in the biliary tract causing poison to permeate my body) so I am hoping this will work for me and enable me to stick to it. I need all the help and encouragement I can get. Not really sure yet what I can and canĀ“t eat especially on fast days so today had soup with some water noodles only 9 calories the noodles that is)
    Look forward to getting to know you all. By the way I live in Spain right out in the country and am a bit isolated from any English speaking people. Love the Spanish though.
    Sandra

Hi albatera and welcome:

As 5:2 is a calorie based diet and not a food based diet, you can eat any foods you want as long as you follow the calorie guidelines (5/600 twice a week, TDEE or less the other five days). I am aware that ‘a change’ now allows 800 cal. per day on diet days, and if you follow that program you will just lose weight more slowly than if you eat to ‘the original’ guidelines.

As you are diabetic, of course, you should try to eat foods that do not raise your insulin levels. There are several threads for diabetics on this site – just use the search function at the top of the page.

Here are some 5:2 basics: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thanks simcoeluv for your reply I am looking forward to losing weight yet again but this time being able to keep it off. I need the Good Luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.