Help!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jannine 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Feeling a little stupid! Read the book and started Tuesday! However, having been on the forum and read a few posts, I think, that maybe I am doing it all wrong!!!!! I ate breakfast at around 7 and lasted until 5:30 before I ate my evening meal, is this not enough time in between? Also, for convenience and until I get the recipe book, I am relying on pre packaged (toss in the microwave) meals at night……not a whole lot of protein going on! Do I need to start all over again. I am definitely a visual learner in my defence 🙂

Naughty but Nice
    Great name and I think you’ve begun fine. The great thing about this diet we work it out the way it suits us best as long as we keep under 500 cals. After 6 months I still eat breakfast of scrambled eggs and mushrooms and dinner of fish and veg. The only thing I would say is do try and up your protein. In the book Michael suggests you eat .8g per kilo of your weight.
    It sounds to me like you’ve made a great start. I started with my husband in February and he’s already lost the 10 kg he had to lose and is on maintenance. My cholesterol has gone from 5.9 to 4 and I’ve lost 25 lbs or 11.5 kg and have about 7kg to go.
    The lb a week loss seems about what to expect.

Hi naughtybut nice, no your not stupid and you are not doing it wrong. I am a 65 yr old grumpy old man and like you use ready meals.
    There are several !!! approaches to this. Click on the faq tag on the top right of the home page. You will find a lot of help there. Read as many of the posts as you can, loads of help and some really good research and comments.
    Basically I do the 36 hr diet Monday and Wednesday. Last main meal about 7 pm Sunday. Go to bed, you are fasting while asleep. Wake on Monday morning, have breakfast if you want to, say around 7 – 8 am. Main meal around 6 pm – 7 pm. In between plenty of no cal liquids. Go to bed around 10.00pm, wake next day eat normally. Repeat on your next fast day. Simples.
    I use M&S Fuller Longer and Count on Us ready meals that have a significant protein base. Mimi has certainly recommended good quality ready meals as being ok for this diet. Do not worry, DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.
    Use this forum, I have the utmost respect for all posters, we are all different but we all support each other.
    Good Luck.

Hi, I’m on my second day of fasting, not consecutive I fasted on Tuesday. I really cannot believe how much energy I have! I feel as though the sluggish Friday feeling has gone and I feel cleansed in some sort of strange way.

I am so impressed with how easy it is to do. Just wanted to let anyone out there thinking about it do it!!

Top tips I picked up: plan fast days
    Drink plenty of water and bed early!
    Here’s to week 2 on Monday!

@kellie368, So nice to read such an uplifting post! Thanks for that.
    And I can also relate to what you’re saying, personally I feel like dancing every time I think about how easy and doable this WOE is.
    In the past two weeks I lost 5 kilograms/1 dress size…and it was so easy and I’m so full of energy!

Enjoy the journey Kellie!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.