Help

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sidney 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• This is my 3rd week,due to different events happening I have to keep moving my fast days, I try to always have Monday’s so , had my last meal Sunday 6.00pm, than soup 12.00pm (midday Monday) , fish & veg 5pm . Is that my fast day completed? Does this mean I can have a small treat before going to bed & a coffe. , or do I start eating normal tomorrow morning.
    Other than the time issues finding this a really good way of eating . The weight loss has been approx 2lb per week, so really pleased, so of anyone can reply and help with my problem

Yes, according to the book we can start a fasting day in the evening after our last meal and start an eating day 24 hours later. In that way we do not have to miss our normal dinner. Nice!

Thanks for your reply, so I’m off for a small snack and a drink tea. Hope I’ve got I right , and I don’t break my fast day.

As I understand it you can start your eating day now and enjoy more than a little snack, if your stomach allows it.

recommend you go to the FAQs link on this site and look at “Is a “fast day” 24 or 36 hours?” for your answer

No, you mustn’t have a snack or a treat in the evening of your fasting day. I have been doing this fo nearly a year and have lost 9 kg. my fast starts with a last glass of wine at 9pm on Sunday night, I eat one meal of 350 calories at lunch time and save the rest 150 for tea and coffee and a small apple in the evening. I break my fast at 10.30 on Tuesday morning. I repeat this process for my Thursday fast. In effect I am fasting for over 36 hours. You really won’t lose weight or get the benefits if you break your fast on the evening of your fast day.

No snacking! A fasting day is 36 hours in reality. As Humphrey suggests read the FAQs. shulay123 is absolutely correct.

Is the book incorrect?

Ninna, as you can see posters can have different approaches to this. As SueWR and Humphrey say read the posts on the subject. If you do the 36 hour fast, remember that you will be asleep for aprox 16 hours of this time so your waking fast time is not as long as you think.
    And the longer you can fast, ie 36 hrs the more effective your results will be. Shulay123 clearly appreciates the benefit of the 36 hr fast.

Sorry guy,s had my snack, just read the reply’s this morning! But back on the wagon on Wednesday.

I was wondering why so many of us were having a problem with this issue, surely its sleep, have 500 cals sleep again..

I agree Emlo6, but the book does talk about fasting from 2pm to 2pm over 24 hours as a possible (less satisfactory) alternative and I think that has confused people a bit. I think your precis of sleep, have 500 cals and sleep is the simplest way to go about things and results in the 36 hour fast that Michael Mosley describes

Ok I think I’ve sorted the easiest way of thinking this fast day out, it’s from sleep to sleep .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.