Hello! This is how my first day went…….

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tawmii Kate 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Soooooo i came across this diet yesterday, a friend recommended it to me.
    I was getting desperate because everything was failing and not really do able for a 26 year old who likes to party at the weekend 😉

I have choose Mondays (today) and Thursdays as my fast days. Monday mainly because cleansing from the weekend? haha and Thursday because i’m using busy after work so should keep my mind of the food!

I heard that its ok to have 800 calories on a fast day now, i’m hoping this is correct, today i have managed to consume 766. I did the test to see how many calories i should have on none fast days and i think it was 1700, but i have decided to stick with around 1300 on the weekdays and be abit more towards the 1700 on weekends.

If you can give me any pointers or think i’m doing anything wrong, advice or motivation welcome! 🙂

Really depends whether youre going to treat 5:2 as another diet “magic bullet” as to whether it will be successful or not. There is nothing magical about 800 cal. It is not based on any science, its just a number that Michael Mosley thought most people could do successfully. In fact he’s upped it from 500. Probably because most were finding that too hard. If you want to make it easy on yourself cut down on your alcohol consumption and processed carbs. Alcohol = 7 calories per gram and is processed by the liver and stored as fat. Cut out processed carbs like bread, pasta, cakes, biscuits, pizza etc. Get your carbs from veggies legumes, beans. Good luck with 5:2.

I never said I was using it as a “magic bullet” I’m looking for something that i can have as an on going thing, I know all that I’ve read up on it, it was more on the lines of asking if I should be doing 500 or 800 on fast days.

No probs. If you do 500 twice a week you will lose more than in you do 800 twice a week. On the assumption that for the other five days you eat exactly the same amount. Fat contains 9 calories per gram. If you do 500 instead of 800 you will be having 600 calories less for the week. 600 divide 9 = 67 grams extra you will lose for the week plus some associated water loss.

Ok thank you! That’s really helpful 🙂

Hello natgirl

I am on my very first FD today.
    Although much older than you 🙂 I, too, enjoy my weekends and going out with friends. this plan sounds very doable for my life style. I am excited about this process as well. I am starting with the 500 calories and see what happens. I’ve decided it is all about preparation (something I am not really good at) and so I created a list, put it on the fridge, and can only eat those things.
    so far, i’ve had iced coffee with splash of fat free cream, an apple with a teaspoon of peanut butter. I live in Boston so it is only lunch here.
    we’ll see how the rest of the day goes Cross your fingers for me!!

Oooooo lets be diet buddys! 😉

How many calories are you thinking of doing on your NF days?

Best of luck! 🙂

Hi Natgirl

Like bigbooty said, this really is not a diet it’s a way of life, or in my case a small change that has had a massive impact.

I started this mid March, and at my last weigh in a week ago, I have lost 19 kilos. I find doing Monday and Tuesday as my Fast days the easiest, boom weekend over with get them done and done. I just have to be disaplined for two days and then back to normal.

I try and stick to the 600 cals but to be honest it’s probably 700 maybe 800 and I have still lost loads of weight, I have also tried to work out a bit, however as life does it has got in the way the last 6 weeks or so and I have still lost weight and feel great, better then I have done for years.

I just set out at the start dedicating to the fast days it kind of all fell into place from there!

Hope it goes well for all!!!!

I thought the two Fast days were not meant to be consecutive?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.