Hello – starting tomorrow

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anniew7 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hello

Even though I have had the book for months i have now decided to give this diet a try.

i am about 6stones overweight and i also have Type 2 diabetes. My readings are appalling at the minute and i know that if i go to the doctor they will put me on insulin – which really scares me – as probably i will end up putting even more weight on.

i am uncertain that i will manage to fast but i am going to do my best. i am glad i found this place whilst reading the book.

ciao
    C

Welcome and good luck with your first fast.

I am sure you already have lots of information about fasting and diabetes but here is an info sheet I came across – http://www.diabetes.org.uk/upload/Languages/New/English/Fasting-Eng.pdf

Good luck for tomorrow. The first 2 or 3 fasts were the hardest for me, but now I barely feel hungry on my fast days. There are lots of others here who have diabetes too and found it really helped. Diabetes is a nasty disease, I hope you can control it with this diet.

My first day I found it better to have a small breakfast, lunch and dinner but now I can manage without breakfast and a small lunch which leaves enough calories for a reasonable dinner. I have the android app, which has some great recipie ideas in it.

Good luck. 🙂

is there an andriod app for this? what is the name?

Good luck with your diet. I find it easier to beat hunger pangs on fast days if I split the calories between three meals e.g, a little whole grain cereal for breakfast OR a boiled egg and a banana, maybe a low cal slim-a-soup at lunchtime and a chicken/veg stir fry around 5 or 6pm. I drink plenty of water, black tea throughout the day and the odd piece of fruit mid evening. I also find a small glass of diet lemonade sipped slowly throughout the evening will stave off hunger pangs!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.