Hello! I am new to the forum but not new to 5:2.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Hello! I am new to the forum but not new to 5:2.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sheryl_joyce 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone. Nice to find this forum.
    I kicked off on 5:2 back in 2013 which was very successful but then I skipped a fast, then another, then two then kaboom … I was a chubby again. Tried again early in 2014 but lacked the motivation.
    This time, I am here with conviction. This is coming to the end of my third full week back on 5:2. I am happy, enjoying the fasting and just about to get back into the gym for some HIIT.
    I was 113kg on 13 March. Today I was 107.1kg. Am I happy? You bet!
    Nice to see so many active 5:2ers on here.

Welcome!
    Yep, 5:2 isn’t just for losing weight and then forgetting it, it is a life long eating pattern. As I have learned!
    Cheers for your conviction and hope you can make it nice and sustainable!
    Great start!

Thanks for the welcome.

Great that you’ve returned to intermittent fasting. Like Cinque, I’m viewing 5:2 as a way of life and I find participating in this forum an essential part of maintaining my rhythm. I appreciate all the support offered here which strengthens my resolve around those who don’t understand. Keep us posted on your progress.

Will do, Minka.

Mr. Grogan, I am new here, returning to 5:2 as well! I did very well on it four years ago, but after the first month, I found 500 cals too hard to sustain, and I started slacking off my fasting days. I’m on a huge 5:2 Facebook group, and it seems a lot of us have this same story!

This time around I am following Dr. Mosley’s new guidelines of doing 800 calories instead of 500. I’m also fasting two consecutive days a week. This way I’ll actually get around to doing them both. I’ve since learned the original 5:2 study by Dr. Harvie used consecutive days. I’m also limiting sugar this time. I was eating way too much. Welcome to both of us!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.