Hello – First day today

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi all! I made the choice earlier this week to try this out, I’m looking to lose a minimum of one stone before moving on to maintaining. Today is my first Fast day and I’m finding it relatively easy. I have decided to eat three meals as that’s what I’m used to and would miss not eating breakfast or lunch. I’m pretty new to the whole counting calories thing so I had to do lots of research before hand. I’ve decided to join here to help keep me on track and to get recipes etc! So hello!!!

Hi, I’m new too, started today. How did your first week go?

Welcome to both of you! If you need some calculated recipes for Fast Days, I have lots. Let me know.
    I’ve been doing this for 5 years and think it is a wonderful lifestyle. Plus I like the way I look in my clothes.

Here’s an easy recipe for you:
    Meze Meal: 297 calories 5.8 g fat 6 g fiber 21.5 g protein 22 g carb 174 mg Calcium PB GF ‘Meze’ is the Greek equivalent of Spanish Tapas. Small servings chosen from multiple small plates which make it easy to eat on a hot Mediterranean night. Well, we don’t live on a vast inland sea, but we’ll take good low calorie, low fat, delicious food where ever we can find it. There are lots of good recipes in the book Meze by Rosemary Barron.
    1/4 cup white beans ½ Tbsp capers 1/2 oz marinated mushrooms 2.5 oz tomato, cubed generous pinch Greek oregano 2 oz cooked shrimp OR 2 oz smelts, cooked along with the carrots 1 oz mozzerella cheese OR 1 oz feta 1 ½ oz lemon-marinated carrots marinade: 1 tsp olive oil + 1 tsp lemon juice + pinch of granulated garlic + pinch oregano
    Combine the white beans with the capers in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the tomatoes and the oregano. Slice the carrots into small logs or coins and cook until tender. Drain and combine with the marinade in a small jar with a lid. Shake well, remove the lid and let the carrots cool in the marinade. Attend to the shrimp by cooking it and removing the shells, if necessary. Drain the marinade from the jar and pour it over the shrimp/smelts. Plate the ingredients to please the eye.

Thanks fasting_me, great advice and recipes

Just started today and im a, waite for it ……. man.

There are men on this Lifestyle, marty! My husband is one of them and he lost 40 pounds. Still on it.

Fasting today: Cornmeal stars with yogurt and fruit for breakfast. For dinner, chicken and chickpeas in puttanesca sauce with asparagus.

Yesterday, we ‘dined’ early in the day [it being sunday and all] and both of us lost weight. Breakfast was high in calories, but not so much the dinner. We’ll accept the weight loss graciously.

Are you Fasting today, HBH? NoMo? Click my ‘handle’ to find my link to more recipes. Have a great day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.