Have compulsive eaters bingers had long term weightloss with the fasting plan?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Have compulsive eaters bingers had long term weightloss with the fasting plan?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JenBenBo 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all,

I have posted on the fasting forums before- but I love food even healthy foods… All food! I can eat and eat and eat. I have always been a compulsive eater.

So I’m curious has anyone had
    Long term weightloss as a compulsive eater or binger?

Would love to know-thanks!

Ps great support for any bingers on the science of intermittent fasting thread.

I would be interested in knowing if this has helped binge eaters as I am a binge eater too I eat mindlessly half the time. I’m hoping that having set high calorie days will help me to control the urge to binge.

Man, I hate the spam that creeps into some of these threads. Go away, Laura. Nobody want to buy your scam pills.

Bingeingqueen and Lucy,

I’ve been a compulsive overeater all of my life. After losing weight a couple years ago I started 5:2 in September to try to keep from regaining. Unfortunately so far I have not really had positive results. I don’t weigh myself but keep tabs on my waist measurement every week. After an initially stabilizing it’s starting to creep back up.

I’ve been vigilant about staying under 600 calories on fast days but must admit I haven’t really been watchful of what I eat on the weekends. Initially I found it hard to believe that I could eat so much in just 2 days of the week to gain weight (how could I shovel that much food in me, LOL) but it must be the case because I’m extremely careful about what I eat the rest of the week.

I’m debating whether to try a third fast day during the week and continue being a complete food hog on the weekends or go back to being careful about what I eat 7 days a week. Neither choice is going to be satisfying; it’s awful that no matter what I won’t really be able to enjoy food anymore like I used to if I don’t want to get fat again.

I hope you both can find a long term solution that you’re comfortable with; I’m still searching. Good luck.

Bronx

Hi All, I’ve been a binger and serial dieter my whole life and find that 4:3 works for me. I’ve only done it since Sept, but something just clicked and it’s working. I’m down 10 lbs. I fast on Tues and Thurs and then pick either Saturday or Sunday to fast on the weekends. I don’t eat at all on fast days – just water, coffee and tea. It’s better for me then trying to count the calories. I put a little cream in my coffee and don’t worry about it. I never count calories and in general stay off the scale. After a lifetime of diets and worrying about food, I’m accepting this as a way of life. Food isn’t bad, it’s just food. In order to heal and detox, we need to let our body get to a point where it stops the digestion process so it can focus on other things. Fast days are easy because I know I can eat the very next day. If I’m feeling a desire for food, I tell myself that I can eat absolutely anything that I want. So as I sit and think about what would really really taste great and then plan on how to get it or make it, I find that I’m selecting healthier things. Don’t get me wrong, at first I had the candy bar! But now that I CAN have it – because food is no longer evil – it’s lost some of it’s appeal. It’s no easy thing, I get that, but after a big meal, I actually start to look forward to my fast day as a day of rest. Good luck everyone, I hope you find success.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.