Has anyone on here tried Vida or MyFitnessPal?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Has anyone on here tried Vida or MyFitnessPal?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  gabills 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Hello,

Has anyone on here used a health coaching service like Vida or tracker like MyFitnessPal to get in shape?

I use MyFitnessPal to track all my calories and exercise – and everything is so much easier. Well, I find it easier because during the week, I tend to eat the same breakfast/lunches, including on my Fast Days so this makes it easier to track. With MyFitnessPal, if you are using a phone or tablet, you can scan a lot of the foods into your daily diary, which makes it easier too.

I use myfitnesspal all the time and wouldn’t be without it. It is very easy to use and there are loads of restaurant meals and branded goods in the app which makes eating out much easier. Good luck.

I use MFP to track my food. It’s easy to use and free! Yesterday morning I sat down and plugged in my favorite meals, then saved them in My Meals with the # of calories in the title of the meal. I hope it will make it quicker and easier for me to track this way esp on fast days.

I use MFP. Before I started with 5:2 I was using it to count cals 7 days a week, now I use it for the 2 fasting days.

I use MFP, haven’t tried Vida yet.

I just got an email from Vida that they’re running a holiday promotion. I signed up for 3 months: vida.com/holidaygift. I’ll let everyone know how it goes.

MFP has served me well for the last 6 months but I guess it’s time for me to venture into another program and I think Vida is something that has a solid program. I have heard a lot of good feedbacks from friends so I might as well try Vida.

Yes, I’ve been using Vida, there just launched recently but offer excellent health coaching services that have amazingly made me to lose a bunch of weight (about 15 pounds in 6 weeks). They set me up with a health coach to figure out my health goals, diet plans, and easy exercise routines. I tried it because the first week was free but I pay $15/wk now and it’s worth it!

Yes. I just started this 5:2 diet and went to My Fitness so I could keep up with my calorie intake. I’ve used it intermittently for a long time. It really helps you track your calories so you don’t “fool” yourself. I recommend it!

Vida health coaching app is a different approach really but I kinda like it. They say that the coaches are really consistent on communicating with users and for me this is a good way to make sure that there’s really a progress on what you are doing regarding fitness. I must try this as well.

I’ve been using MyFitnessPal for a very long time (several years) and frankly would be lost without it. I’m a ‘visual’ kind of person and MFP is just the ticket for me. I find their charts and graphs very useful for my analysis. It also connects seamlessly to a number of the ‘activity trackers’ like FitBit, Garmin ( I use the VivoSmart HR model) and many others. There are so many tools available these days.. just find something that works for you and stick with it.

Good luck to all!

gabills

I have been using MFP for 6 months now, and have found that some of the calorific values given for the same foods can vary wildly – sometimes by a couple of hundred calories. Its ok for processed packaged foods – eg a particular brand of yoghurt, or slices of bread, or breakfast cereals etc – as you can double check the calories on the packaging, but for “from scratch” foods I find that it can be confusing and misleading and I have to use other resources to find out the calorific values of foods, which is a bit of a pain.

Hi, I’m relatively new to th 5:2 diet but have been using MFP for a long time. The scanner tool is an easy way to log calories from packaged meals, but I have been logging my own regularly made recipes which encourages me to cook healthy food and still know the calories. I use MFP to track my non fasting days, which encourages me not to snack on sugary food. Be careful adding your exercise, because I think this lulls you into a false sense of security. I log mine last thing so I don’t think I have got lots of extra calories to eat!

I’ve been using MFP for a few years. It links up with other apps like garmin connect and fitbit as well so can give you a better all around picture of your day.

Hello All! I have been using MFP for a very long time and wouldn’t be without it. It tracks everything needed to be successful at losing weight and is the major things that keeps me on track. I’ve lost 13 lbs since April 19th and have fasted 7 times during that period. I actually look forward to fasting days as it sort of brings things back into balance. I Fast on Monday and Thursday’s. Fasting days are a ‘critical’ part of my weight loss plan. I typically eat a small breakfast (200 calories or less) then dinner with the remaining calories (typically around 400 calories). Sometimes I’ll eat a small snack at lunch. But I try my best to never exceed 600 calories on fasting days. I believe that Fasting holds the key to weight loss success at least for me.

Do you have a preference between Garmin and FitBit? I’m using the Garmin Vivosmart HR and like many things about it. I first tried the FitBit for a few days and swapped it for the Garmin. In all fairness, probably didn’t give the FitBit enough time. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply.