Getting a bit despondent.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Getting a bit despondent.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gail B 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi all,have doing doing 5:2 for over 12 months now,with some success BUT cannot seem to shift back fat and my waist has not shrunk at all!!I am a sort of “cornet”shape,broad shoulders,small bust,I measure 42″ but 41″ are back (well not quite!)I have thin arms and legs and no butt to speak of,all my weight seems to congregate in my upper torso!I have recently started swimming twice a week for about 45minutes (breast stroke only because I do it before work so don’t want to get my hair too wet)Also I bought a vibration plate a few months ago but that is gathering dust along side my cross trainer in my gym (shed!)I am 5ft 6”,nearly 63 and weigh 9st 12lbs and my bmi is 22 so I don’t have much too complain about but would welcome any advice on my hard to shift “problem” areas.Has anyone had any experience on the vibration plate (apart from getting on it!)I really cannot understand why my body seems to be taking fat from the areas I have very little and ignoring the banquet available on my upper torso!

Gail,

I’m 46, 5ft 7, 9st 4 ish. And I’m a pear. So what does that mean? Well, I had to stop losing weight before I got rid of my flabby bum, heavy thighs and chubby knees because my upper body is thin enough and, to be honest, verging on too thin. I’ve described it elsewhere as pancakes draped over a toast rack… So I’m compromising here, I have a bit more fat than I’d like in some places and a bit less in others. But I look OK in my clothes (with a padded bra 🙂 ), I’m a healthy weight and otherwise fit.

So I’m sorry that you aren’t happy with your body shape, but it may be that there is nothing nothing you can do to shift the fat you don’t like without sacrificing the rest of your body/ health.

Can you take a step back and look at yourself objectively? My guess is you probably look just fine to others, and it is only you obsessing about the bits you don’t like?

Do you dress for your shape? I’m a pear like Gail and learnt long ago that there are some thing that I can’t change totally so I learnt to dress for my shape a line knee length skirts and belts to distract from lower half it can make the world of difference and greatly improve confidence, but obviously I have to accept there are some thing I can’t wear mini skirts (chunky legs and knees despite how much I run) my latest disappointment is gorgeous strappy heels it does nothing for me and I just had to let it go lol

On the exercise front it’s probably worth considering toning up this can make a big difference too, I can’t believe you have these machines at home get on them lol (I live in a tiny flat and have no room) set yourself a goal take your measurements before you start and give it a month and the assess, I would say I if you are larger on top compared to the bottom you may want to include some weight toning for the top have you ever tried kettlebells?

Good luck and keep going 🙂

Good advice Lottie.

Accept who you are and work with what you have. Be the best you can be, but know that you can only be you and not someone else.

Lol….thank you all and Happynow I don’t want to be anyone else!!Lottie I will heed your advice and I do do some weights 5kg lifts of a variety for the upper body but suspect I don’t do it for long enough!Day off today so will go and decobweb and dust my “gym”and then use it (but not today need to catch up on housework!)My friend I go swimming with made a comment about my back being so broad and my legs so thin which wasn’t said in a nasty way but just reiterated the way I see myself but I take on board all your advice and will measure (tho I dread it cos in never budges)and step up the excercise then measure again in a month.Thanks again

Gail,

It sounds as if you have a typical swimmer’s physique! Maybe instead of working on your upper body you could work on building/ bulking up your lower body to match?

And sorry, I wasn’t suggesting you wanted to be someone else, but ‘something else’ didn’t sound right either!

Good luck.

Lol…ok,thanks but there is no way I want to bulk up (don’t even think it would be possible with my contrary body!) I will work to try to reduce my upper torso,just need to summon up some enthusiasm!

Hi Gail, I have a vibration plate which I have been using at the max speed for over 12 months. I try to do 30 minutes at least 5 days a week. I have definitely toned up my legs and tummy area. I’m working on the bingo wings which is also supposed to tone the back area too so may be the one for you too. I can’t say I saw a difference in just a few weeks as some people have said in their reviews but I definitely think you should dust yours off and give it a go. Linda

Thank you Linda will do,I have “you tubed” some exercises and there is one kneeling on floor in front of VP and either resting forearms on plate or palms with elbows slightly bent so will be trying those as I really just need back and upper torso toning,reducing and tummy could do with some but definitely not legs (I already have calves a premier footballer would kill for!!)I admire your discipline I have to say!!!….

There’s also a good one Gail which is sitting on the plate with your hands either side and, depending on how straight you sit up, you can really feel it in the back of your arms and your back.

I have to admit I don’t always feel like doing it and sometimes think I will only do a few minutes but once I get going I think I’ll just do a couple more and before I know it I’ve done the lot!

Linda

Will definitely try that one Linda,thank you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.