Georgia's Journey

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  GeorgiaM 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Hello everyone!

I have been a bit of a lurker on this forum over the past few weeks of my journey, but today I reached my first target so I thought I would get involved properly!

I have been following this way of eating since 1st November, so not very long at all in comparison to some of you. I am 168cm and weighed 70.2kg when I started, not massively overweight I know but I was beginning to feel I was on a slippery slope, as my weight seemed to be increasing all the time…

I started off doing the 5:2 in combination with the gym 2-3 times a week for an hour or so and although it’s been VERY difficult at times I am pleased to report I weighed in at 63.8kg this morning, so 6.4kg lost in about 5 weeks!

This is the most success I have had on any diet and I don’t intend to give up any time soon, I love that I can eat whatever I want (within reason!!) for 5 days a week as long as I am strict for two…

My goal is to be 60kg by the end of January (my birthday!) but with Christmas in between I know this may be a challenge…

I intend to post my weekly, or perhaps more frequent, updates here so keep reading! πŸ™‚

G xxx

Hi Georgia, welcome and congrats on your results so far – your loss is certainly well above average! πŸ™‚ almost exceptional for someone with not a lot to lose. πŸ˜€

Even with Christmas, your goal by end January looks very doable based on your results so far – such good weight loss could be the motivation you need not to overindulge. You can still enjoy the Christmas goodies by being selective in what you have, having smaller serves and really savouring what you eat (eg so that one piece of shortbread rather three or five(!) is enough) – and with judicious placement of fast days over the holiday period, you may not put on much, if any, weight.

Best wishes.
    Sassy

Hi Sassy! Thank you for the welcome πŸ™‚ From reading other people’s threads everyone does seem very supportive on here.

Yes I’m actually not sure how I’m managing to lose weight so quickly… I do work out at quite a high intensity at the gym (spin/les mills body pump) but I have been eating out 1-2 times per week, pudding and chips etc included! Perhaps it’s because I’m young, 21 years of age?

I am bad with just having one though…I have one and get a taste for it and just want more! Like today, one slice of fruit cake turned into three :/

About to have pizza for my dinner as OH is out for a boy’s night, think I might try just cooking half of it to stop me from over indulging…!

Hi Georgia,
    Welcome to the forum and congrats to your massive weight loss! What a superb result!

I have been on the diet now for 4 1/2 weeks and I have lost 5 kg. I am similar in height to you, 170cm and I started with 65 kg. My goal is 58 kg. Unfortunately though my weight distribution is not evenly and I’m hoping to lose weight around my tummy and my double chin.

Anyhow I’m looking forward to see your progress so please keep us posted.
    Stef.

Hi Georgia (and Stef) πŸ™‚
    I am sure youth does work in your favour! πŸ˜€ and not being short!! (Tho Stef is a bit older – I am assuming from her posts…)

I can’t emphasise enough the benefits of maintaining a healthy weight from an early age if you have this option open to you.

Once you are on the yoyo weight on weight off roundabout, I think it is increasingly hard to lose weight and keep it off – tho 5:2 does seem to offer a WOE that may do this for many. Time will tell of course – as good as all the success stories are on the forums, we do need a proper scientific study to ‘prove’ that this WOE does work as a long term strategy. And it is early days.

Very best wishes.
    Cheers
    Sassy

Heya! Wow, another youngster, they’re starting to become less of a rarity these days. I like! (I’m 22 myself πŸ˜‰ )

My weightloss is also rather quick, but I have quite a gruelling regimen. It may also help that I’m young, I guess it makes sense… Oh well, we’ll see ^^

Anyway, welcome Georgia! Even though you don’t have a lot to lose I think the other benefits will make you keep going, hopefully you’ll also feel fitter and healthier as some others have reported πŸ™‚

Thank you for your replies, so nice to share this with others!

I am on a bit of a high tonight as I fitted in a UK size 10 pair of suit trousers I bought about five years ago when I started sixth form…not been able to fit in them for years but couldn’t bring myself to charity shop them as they were expensive at the time!

Celebrated by going to the gym for two classes back to back and now about to enjoy a juicy steak πŸ™‚ I love this diet!

Nika – hi! – I think it definitely is an advantage to be young where weight loss is concerned, I really feel it’s important to get it under control now so that I don’t become stuck in a rut where I’m just a bit bigger than I’d like to be throughout my twenties. These are the best years of our life so we should bloody well enjoy them! πŸ™‚

(Tho Stef is a bit older – I am assuming from her posts…)…hehe Sassy, just a tintsy little bit. I am a young 48, in my heart 21, when I look in the mirror sometimes 60 and when I have to deal with my kids usually 110…

I agree though that it is really important to keep your weight under cotnrol at a younger age. I have always been skinny, if not to say underweight pretty much until my end thirties, even after having had three kids! Fortunately I do not have to loose a lot of weight, I am missing another 2kg until my “perfect” weight of 58kgs.

The problem is that I have developped a serious swet tooth and I love ice cream! I have to also admit that I enjoy the occassional junk food (Big Macs in particular) while overall I am eating very healthy.

Anyhow- apologies for diversion!

Georgia – superb news! It is a great feeling if you fit into trousers that you were unable to wear for a long time! Celebrated by going to the gym??? Really? This would be for me a punishment!!! Anyhow- good on you!

Fast day today…another six hours before anything to eat…I just need to keep on drinking tons of water as they seem to fill me up a bit.

Talk soon
    Stef.

Yeah I’ve been overweight for most of my life, and I had this moment where I thought “Oh c’mon, you’re 22, get it together!”. Well I’ve had several moments like that but this is the one, I know it πŸ˜› (Not like I thought that the last few times, noooo…)

Congrats on the suit trousers!! I’m currently wearing a pair of jeans that’s comfortable, where I was unable to wear them before. They’re not loose yet, but I’ll get there! πŸ˜› I don’t really want to buy new clothes in China, because I’ll have to travel as light as possible so will have to even abandon some clothes and stuff here. Also Chinese people have weird bodies, I recently bought some socks where the feet are okay, a tad on the big side, but the ankle bits I could barely struggle past my heel. Anyway.

Three cheers for water guzzlers!

Morning all!

Sorry for being quieter than anticipated – I aim to update this once or twice a week but last Wednesday I went down with an AWFUL throat infection that I’ve been struggling with since… Just started taking some heavy duty antibiotics yesterday and although they make me feel tired and woozy my throat is already a bit better.

As I was ill I decided to drop my second fast day last week – I usually fast Tuesday and Thursday, so managed my usual Tuesday but then took the decision that getting better was more important than fasting! However I still calorie counted and realised that I had just completely lost my appetite and was randomly picking on chocolate and fruit and the like (bread/toast/biscuits are scratchy on my throat and hard to swallow!), but still only managed about 800 calories on Thurs and Fri…

So anyway, weighed in this morning and am down to 63.5kg, so a small loss which considering I’ve been lying in bed for the best part of four days isn’t too bad at all!

Plan now is to maintain this as best I can until post-Christmas, when hopefully I can get the weight-loss moving again until I hit my target in January!

Here’s to all the Winter sales shopping ahead! πŸ˜€

Hi GeorgiaM, sorry to hear that you have been sick but great hews on your weight loss! Hope you will 100% soon.
    Best wishes
    Stef.

Hey Georgia, hope you get well soon!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

As I was ill just before Christmas I took the week off, which soon turned into more than three weeks off the 5:2 over the festive period! I went home to see my family so weighed myself just before I left (22nd December) and I was 63kg…

Just got back home to London a couple of days ago and I weighed in at 62.1kg…! So despite eating just what I wanted and when I wanted over Christmas, and not fasting for three weeks, I still managed to lose weight! I am really pleased with this and I think the 5:2 has genuinely changed the way I see food, I now only eat something if it tastes good enough to be ‘worth’ putting the extra calories in my body, and I’m much less likely to binge, instead preferring to have a taste of the ‘naughty’ food but stopping at that! As my parents live in a rural area I also made an effort to go out walking almost every day, to make up for not having my gym routine…

Anyway, back in London now and back to business, just completed my first gym class (spin) of the new year and I am hoping to lose this next 2kg by the end of the month! πŸ™‚

I am surprised at how I feel different but the same (haha) I suppose as this weight loss has happened over a few months now, although I have lost 8.1kg or almost 18lb, I can’t see a huge change in the mirror… But I have really noticed my clothes, particularly jeans, starting to hang off me and whilst sale shopping I now need to pick up sizes 8 and 10 to try rather than sizes 10 and 12 (a rather optimistic 10 a few months ago!)

Thank you for everyone’s support, this forum is a wonderful resource, I am really looking forward to carrying on with the WOE this year πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.