Gaining… Fat??

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ciao bella 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello!

I have tried IF before, and it went well.

Now I have started again, as of 5th Jan. I am ok, I am losing weight (in fact, pretty ok, I am 3kg off) however, the trend in fat is increasing, not decreasing!!

As if I am losing water and waste but I am putting on fat!! I have weighted myself several times to make sure that the scale is being “honest” with the same results.

I still have at least 8kg to go… but it makes me a bit “worried” – has anybody experienced this?

PS- the non fast days I am not counting calories, but I register all I eat and I don’t normally “overeat”.

Thx!

How are you estimating your body fat? If you’re doing through one of those body composition devices (e.g. Scales or handheld devices that uses electric pulse to estimate body fat), these can be wildly inacurate and you should take anything it says with a large pinch of salt. I got my body fat measured in my bupa health test and it was way lower than my scales.

If you you want an alternative, you can try body fat calipers or just some measuring tape to get an idea if you’re gaining fat but losing muscle etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.